Why become a member? ×

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE - MM USA SUB (Stingray's Ugly Brother) 4 String Black
£399

bagsieblue

[b]......Will shortly withdraw and try and sell something else if this doesn't go..... soon[/b]
[b]NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE!!!!!!!![/b]

MM USA SUB (Stingray's Ugly Brother) 4 String Black.

USA Musicman quality , classic Stingray sounds and in excellent playing condition.

Active 2 band EQ model.

I need to be sensible about the collection and I'm getting a little attached to the fretless $$ that I've put up on here as well.

Great sound, great condition. Some slight wear on the back of the painted neck as is normal.
Body is in great condition.
I've touched in the minor marks on the headstock with a black marker - looks great.

All cleaned up and board oiled..

Can't see any wear on the board or frets to speak of

Price is £399.

Collection or shipment both possible.
Any trial or inspection welcome.

I'm in Chorley, Lancs.

Edited by bagsieblue

Gorgeous, looks great in black, much cheaper than a new stealth 'Ray and probably just as good. Take it you and Greggo (who had a thread over in Bass section) have been in touch since he's lusting after a SUB and is in Wigan?

[quote name='MattM' timestamp='1380649006' post='2228481']
Gorgeous, looks great in black, much cheaper than a new stealth 'Ray and probably just as good. Take it you and Greggo (who had a thread over in Bass section) have been in touch since he's lusting after a SUB and is in Wigan?
[/quote]

Unfortunately something is afoot at my workplace following a takeover which means I've had to curb my GAS - gutted.

Soon find out in next 4 weeks what the heck is going on and whether our level will be at risk or not..

Anyway good luck with sale thanks for all the dealings, here's a bump

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1381431807' post='2239107']
Serial number is. X09758

I believe this has some significance over whether it would be wired series / parallel etc.
Would appreciate some education on this if you could please.
[/quote]

you're a step ahead of me! That's exactly why I wanted to know the period!
I cannot tell for certain, but I'm led to believe the first ones had the pickup wired in series. That's how my white SUB is, a 2003. My later wine red SUB has the pickup wired in parallel. I prefer the midrange punch that it has in series, I think it complements the 2-band EQ really well. As a result, my Stingray (originally a 2EQ) has a John East preamp with sweepable mids, and I have bought a similar preamp for my wine red SUB. The white SUB will remain stock.

Off to have dinner... I'll check the number later, thanks! :)

It appears to be a late 2005 one, according to:
[url="http://www.musicmanbass.org/mycustompage0032.htm"]http://www.musicmanbass.org/mycustompage0032.htm[/url]

so *probably* wired in parallel, like a "real" Stingray.

I don't need a 4th Stingray I don't need a 4th Stingray I don't need a 4th Stingray I don't need a 4th Stingray... :P

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1381605823' post='2241407']

MB1.
You have too be stood in front of the mirror that one to work?
[/quote]

You're probably right Martin but I'm cash light and one bass to many if I buy it so that will have to be my incentive....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='budget bassist' timestamp='1382694179' post='2255435']
I used to have one of these, awesome basses! Sounds and plays just like a stingray. Stick a nice pickguard on there and maybe sand the neck down and it would be larvley! Bargain of a bass! Good luck with the sale buddy!
[/quote]

Yep - toying with the idea of withdrawing it..........