Why become a member? ×

Which cab to use with a GK MB200?

Ticktock

I have an Eden 4ohm 12" on order from Thomann.
It keeps getting put back date wise as to when they'll have it in stock.
I played the amp through a full range PA speaker and that made me grin.
Anyone have any experience of what other cab will sound "nice" with this amp at £300 and under budget?

Cheers.

If you can stretch to £400 I`d look at the Schroeder 1212 that OBBM is selling on here. That will be plenty powerful enough, and they sound great with the GK MB amps (having had the MB500 and MB Fusion 500 through 2 different Schroeder cabs). Plus being a 2x12 (but not a heavy one) you`ll have a lot better depth of sound.

I reckon there will be a few second hand midgets appearing soon with the new gen Barefaced stuff rolling out. But with that amp (and that EQ) you should be able to get a grin out of any half decent cab, as long as it'll take the power at low frequencies, and it's reasonably efficient, you should be fine. You might just need to tweak the EQ a bit depending on the cab.

[quote name='Ticktock' timestamp='1380464770' post='2225636']
I have an Eden 4ohm 12" on order from Thomann.
It keeps getting put back date wise as to when they'll have it in stock.
I played the amp through a full range PA speaker and that made me grin.
Anyone have any experience of what other cab will sound "nice" with this amp at £300 and under budget?

Cheers.
[/quote]

I was going to order one of those but I was holding off till they were actually in stock... I want one to go with my MB200 as well. It's currently paired with a GK NEO 112 which sounds great but I'd rather have a 4 ohm for a bit more welly.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

Bren- Space wise in our small gaff the midget wouldn't cause any raised eyebrows. At the right price secondhand this may be a winning idea over the next 6 months or so.
I have some work coming up that will have some money put aside for this.
Rob- it's been delayed twice. Rather annoying but its small enough and powerful enough for the money.
I've been using a behringer combo that was leant to me. Even my bandmates are asking me when my new cab is arriving...

Use mine with my Berg AE112 NEO cabs and its nice, clean and sharp. Use it with a 2nd hand Berg HT322 bought from Karlfer on BC and these kind of cabs are available on BC. If you can stretch to £400 you will manage to get yourself a great 2nd hand bargain on BC. There are always great cabs for sale here so maybe worth scouting the for sale section.

Dave

[quote name='Ticktock' timestamp='1380561537' post='2227121']
Rob- it's been delayed twice. Rather annoying but its small enough and powerful enough for the money.
I've been using a behringer combo that was leant to me. Even my bandmates are asking me when my new cab is arriving...
[/quote]

Yeah its really annoying when shops sell you stuff that isn't in stock, I notice it now says the 8th of October.... I ordered a bass from GAK once and a month later they told me they couldn't get hold of it.

Let me know what you end up with and how it turns out as I think we're essentially looking for the same thing.

Rob

Rob- Indeed! I'll keep ya posted. I'll wait until the 8th but 3rd strike and they're out. I'll count my pennies and save up for something else.

OBBM- I'll bet it does. On a budget here at the mo'. Larger purchases will have to wait until next spring. (Sigh).

I'll have to do the lotto to have a chance of winning it...

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1380615018' post='2227732']
Used mine with a Schroeder 1212L. Great sound.
[/quote]
OBBM and I tried his MB200 through my BF Midget at the SE Bass Bash - didn't really cut it, the amp definitely wants 4ohm to bring out its best.

[quote name='Ticktock' timestamp='1381311581' post='2237240']
Thunderpaws- the £100 off is for the amp and cab deals only...... I just spent beyond my means. Bugger.
[/quote]

Says this on the website

Buy any two Focus, Shuttle, NX2 or Uber cabinets and receive and extra £100 discount;