Why become a member? ×

mobile site improvements

Thunderpaws

As I lie on the floor with my knackered back pi££ing me off I have been trawling basschat. Here's a recommended addition for the mobile website...add a button that takes you to the last page in the thread you are looking at. I was going to share my current listening adventures on the "what are you listening to now" thread but I would have had to press the next page button something like 75 times! Otherwise, great mobile site. Much better than talkbass.

[quote name='mikeh' timestamp='1378227419' post='2197373']
Struggled with this myself, but then realised if you press the small blue circle on the far left of the thread title it does just that.
[/quote]

That seems to take you to the last post you read in the thread, not the last page.

I'd love a "last page" and "first page" feature please mods :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1378229688' post='2197425'] Ahhh, the little blue circle...excellent. thanks. [/quote]

I personally find the little blue circle VERY hard to hit at times. Sometimes I go through 4 or 5 cycles of:[list]
[*]carefully try and and hit the circle
[*]oops I'm at the first page of the thread, must have missed.
[*]scroll down to find the previous page button in safari, hit the button
[*]see the original page but with the loading overlay covering the blue dot
[*]refresh the page to get rid of the overlay
[*]carefully try and hit the circle ....
[/list]
This gets a bit wearing. Using Talkbass via it's own app (which is essentially Tapatalk) is a joy by comparison.

Could we please have Tapatalk enabled for basschat ?

The impression I got from accessing the site (both full and mobile versions) from my tablet is that the Go To Last Post button/blue circle isn't that resposive. In other words, it's not that I fail to hit it the first time - it's just that it ignores my touch until I hit it a second (and sometimes a third) time.
I know that that may be due to my tablet being really crap and slow etc., then again, maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to the OP, the reply button at the bottom renders going to the last page pointless. Unless you wanted to read the last few posts in the thread.
Regardless I normally use the site in desktop version with the phone rotated as it fits the page width in sound enough and the text is large enough to read.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1385652731' post='2290723']
Could we have the "follow/unfollow topic" buttons shown on the mobile version please ?
[/quote]

I should probably know this, but what does the 'follow' button actually do? I'm guessing that it should notify you when there has been a new addition to the thread, but I've tried it and it didn't do that

Edited by Roland Rock