Why become a member? ×

Very impressed - Genz Content.

nottswarwick

Just a quick one.

Gigged my new rig for the first time just now.

Big music pub, big in house PA etc, all going through it, very loud stage and FOH.

Genz Benz GBE750 is a big, old style HEAVY amp. Like they used to make them all the time. Neox212t cab, which I is ace, but it is the head I am well chuffed with.

Ok, it's not light, by any means. But the thing is, it never broke sweat, and I was proper loud, P bass with flats, big low end, and it never compressed like my LM2 did, and never got breathless like my Streamliner did. It felt like the heavy things inside it were dialing up an endless reservoir of current to give me exactly what I needed. Tube grind, warmth, bite, and a huge low end.

I strongly recommend this amp. It is the finest I have owned, and I've owned a few from Ashdown, EBS, Markbass, GK (although my MB200 continues to impress in its own way) etc.

That is all .

I had a GBE750 once. Beautiful.

Unfortunately, it hummed like an angry bee whenever I went within five feet of it.

Both Genz and the UK distributor spent a lot of time trying to resolve it, but without success. I had to send it back.

Gutted, as I REALLY wanted to use it in the long term.

Anyway, you can't beat an amp with a transformer in it.

Class D? Meh.

My main amp / rig is a Genz Benz GBE600 with a 212 Neox cab. Has not let me down yet. The only fault I had was the front panel LED (for clip-limit etc) came loose. Mended within about 3 mins.

Lots of power and lovely tone with Double Bass, and sweet tight & growly sound with Low B on the five string.

I'd like a 112 Neox cab (carpet covered) to take out on smaller gigs - keeping my eyes peeled for one

Greg

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1377992357' post='2194567']
Actually that is not all. I used my Classic series 50s P Bass with flats for the first time in this rig, really nicely suited.
[/quote]

Glad it's making you happy matey! I'm missing it so will hopefully be having a wee look at a roadworn when am in Manc next Wednesday...oops :gas: