Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 4

Stan_da_man

Here is your chance to own a massively underated Status bass. It is a Status Shark 4 string and is passive. It is in overall good condition but does have a few marks and a bit of buckle rash on the back as shown in the photos. The scratchplate is a little warped in places but this is not obvious and does not affect its playability.

It plays fine and the neck is very nice with no issues.

I'd be looking for £200 and for an extra £30, a Hiscox Status hardcase in excellent condition.

The reason I'm selling is because now I have my Dean Sledgehammer, this won't be getting played much. Unfortunately it's pick up only in Coventry due to the box being thrown away by accident. Would be cash on collection.

Pics:

PM me if you have any questions.

Tom

Edited by Stan_da_man

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='226846' date='Jun 25 2008, 06:28 PM']not much interest on Finnbass then?[/quote]

Now now....

Don't know about you but when I've something to sell I put it in every shop window I deem fit. We'd soon moan if it was posted on another forum and the ad said 'not for sale to non members'.

Stan's a long standing Basschat member with something to sell that we're interested in.

As to why nobody has snapped this up for the modest ask - I'm clueless. If I were Status-less I would do , I can assure you.

A guitarist mate of mine has just asked me to find him a decent bass for under £200 - he suggested a Squier but I think this ought to be better!

I'll have a word with him but he's in Portugal at the moment so may take a while to respond.

May also depend on how "traditional" he wants to be!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='227086' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:12 AM']Now now....

Don't know about you but when I've something to sell I put it in every shop window I deem fit. We'd soon moan if it was posted on another forum and the ad said 'not for sale to non members'.

Stan's a long standing Basschat member with something to sell that we're interested in.

As to why nobody has snapped this up for the modest ask - I'm clueless. If I were Status-less I would do , I can assure you.[/quote]

+1

I have 3 Statii now - and if it wasn't for them, I'd have it.

BTW Dave - your old Energy is still going strong ta! Lovely bass - especially after it had surgery to wedge the extra pickup in it...!

[quote name='fretmeister' post='227332' date='Jun 26 2008, 01:24 PM']+1

I have 3 Statii now - and if it wasn't for them, I'd have it.

BTW Dave - your old Energy is still going strong ta! Lovely bass - especially after it had surgery to wedge the extra pickup in it...![/quote]

I got a series 3000 , very similar , after I decided flogging it was a piss poor move!! Glad it's happy and working.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the bump! By the way, this bass does not have a graphite neck - it has a maple neck. I'd have to be very stupid to sell it for £200 with a graphite neck. And anyway, how can it have a graphite neck if the back of the neck looks very un-graphite?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='239311' date='Jul 14 2008, 05:04 PM']I thought the Sharks had the graphite rods in the neck??[/quote]
Yeah, but the actual neck isn't graphite, to quote LukeFRC: -

[quote name='LukeFRC']although it wil have graphite in the neck[/quote]

I thought he meant the actual neck...

:)

Edited by Stan_da_man

well i used to have a shark 2 bass.... they had graphite rodsc in the neck like the newer fender basses do. look on the back of it, the neck will be made of 3 bits of maple and the fretboard on top. somewhere in there there will be some graphiteness.
which is besides the point except that we bump this up agian so someone will buy it off you! P