Why become a member? ×

Rush - Vapor Trails remix

Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1380379551' post='2224514']I'll buy the new one, but I do love the 'old' one as well[/quote]

Of course! Possessing (and listening to) both allows proper comparisons to be made. Some people might even prefer the original release... :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1380383041' post='2224575'] a lot of the time it sounds like a bass, drums and guitar trio.

Lots of qualities they've lacked since, actually....
[/quote]

Sounds like you need a time machine... ;)

Actually,I've just been listening to ABC 1974. Now [i]that's[/i] a power trio! Gorgeous bass tone too! :D B)

Did the band ever do studio recorded versions of Garden Road and Fancy Dancer? :unsure:

Those songs were dropped pretty quickly (a few weeks) after Neil joined. Some people think that Fancy Dancer was recorded for the first album, but the recording was dropped when Terry Brown got involved.

EDIT - just found this quote from Neil: [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=3]"... two original songs written before I joined the band... Well, why do you think we never recorded them?".[/size][/font][/color]

Just had another look and VT remix definitely cheaper at Sainsbury's. £4.99 with free postage.

[url="http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/Rush/Vapor-Trails-Remix/product.html?product=E11281969"]http://www.sainsbury...oduct=E11281969[/url]

Edited by jonsmith

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1375466788' post='2161934']
No it's not, it's a response to countless numbers of fans who think the original version of the album sounded terrible.
How does" integrity" come into it anyway; are they meant to give away everything they do for nothing? Do you work for free?

Nobody is being forced to buy it. Plenty of people, myself included, who think "Vapour Trails" was a great collection of songs ruined by terrible mixing/mastering/whatever will now be able to buy a sonically superior copy should they so choose.
[/quote]
In that case, they should remix everything that didn't have Terry Brown behind the desk. :lol:

[quote name='jonsmith' timestamp='1380394106' post='2224768']
Just had another look and VT remix definitely cheaper at Sainsbury's. £4.99 with free postage.
[url="http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/Rush/Vapor-Trails-Remix/product.html?product=E11281969"]http://www.sainsbury...oduct=E11281969[/url]
[/quote]

Fab, just ordered it, thanks for the shout! I don't have the original CD, so really looking forward to this.

£3.99 for Clockwork Angels too, you can't complain about that.

Jennifer

[quote name='jonsmith' timestamp='1380394106' post='2224768']EDIT - just found this quote from Neil: [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=3]"... two original songs written before I joined the band... Well, why do you think we never recorded them?".[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

Well, I like them... :blush: But they are very much in that blues/rock vein that was a feature of the "original" line up. Clearly their direction with Neil was destined to change. Good job too!

Ordered mine through Amazon. OK, a couple of quid more expensive than Sainsburys Online, but as I already have an account I get free delivery and don't have the ballache of entering all my details...

And I now have the MP3 version to listen to on my Cloud Player! B)

Definitely a big improvement. Much clearer and with good separation between the intruments. I used to find VT very challenging and tiring to listen to, but not this new version.

Now can they do the same with CA? :blink:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1380637147' post='2228233']
Ordered mine through Amazon. OK, a couple of quid more expensive than Sainsburys Online, but as I already have an account I get free delivery and don't have the ballache of entering all my details...

And I now have the MP3 version to listen to on my Cloud Player! B)

[/quote]

Oh - can you get it straight away? off to order now...

Loved the album when it came out. So disappointed with the clipping. Have only listened to PBTHAL's remaster for the last few years. Was not sure about getting the remaster until I listened to that Rolling Stone stream. Pre-ordered my vinyl copy. Just bustin' to hear it through my system.

[quote name='Qlank' timestamp='1380794358' post='2230569']
Loved the album when it came out. So disappointed with the clipping. Have only listened to PBTHAL's remaster for the last few years. Was not sure about getting the remaster until I listened to that Rolling Stone stream. Pre-ordered my vinyl copy. Just bustin' to hear it through my system.
[/quote]

It's really THAT good. They should remix CA to the same spec.