Why become a member? ×

SOLD: DeArmond Jet-Star £10...yes, £10
£10

Truckstop

I bought this off eBay last week and wished I hadn't bothered almost straight away.

Plays like a dog, terrible neckdive, horribly uncomfortable to play and just feels a bit cheap. in pictures it looks cool; in the flesh it looks like a dogs dinner. Was thinking of stripping it and painting it surf green to turn it into some sort of surf-tastic surf machine but really it's not worth the hassle seeing as it has the playability (and tone) of a dying moose.

I felt like giving it away but I quite want a little bit of money for it. I guess this might be suitable for someone who likes really poorly designed guitars or who likes funky looking things in their house. I suppose it might also be useful for purposes of alibi or anecdote.

I might put some pictures up if I somehow struggle to sell it for a ten pound note. It's the black P model with some punky looking stickers on it. Painted neck and headstock too. No postage offered on this, collection from St. Albans (AL2 1AZ) only.

Please help.

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

It's a shame it is such a poor bass. DeArmond built some really good quality instruments, I have a MT77 guitar which sounds great and is as well built as anything else I own....I would be tempted but I will struggle to get down your way for a while

Well I'm sure someone's going to want it. It's not THAT bad, I just can't get over the playing position. To play it, you have to bend your wrist over the top bout (which is obviously painful) or you have to wear it super round-your-knees low (which is obviously retarded) and you can't play anywhere near the bridge pup which is kind of my thing.

It'd suit a pick player much better I think.

If it doesn't sell I'm not too bothered. I'll clean it and leave it under the bed and it might be worth something one day.

Truckstop