Why become a member? ×

The Tuesday Club @ The Alleycat Bar, Denmark St Friday 26th July 2013

Lozz196

Oh Billy, wish you would have been there man!

It was a top night of music! The first band were called Giant Hamburger and they were hilarious, do anything you want music, I liked them a lot.

Lozz's band were superb! Loving the old military outfits, the mad bloke singer and the statuesque ladyvoice, they made it a great show and were great foils for each other. Loved the music, like the bastard baby of the B-52s and the Cardiacs. The third song blew me way (Lozz, what was that? where can I hear it again, wickid riffage and drums in that one). They have two basses and the timing and tones, and the way it sounded like one big bass was very clever. A very tight band that managed to LOOK shambolic but sound highly rehearsed. Roger (Transistorbassman) provided subtle but very effective keys, and got a solo with the lightwave hand thing on his Juno D, that sounded ace and people really noticed the magic hand :D

A great night and sorry I had to dash after your set. Thanks!

Will do Clarky.

Thanks for a great review Nige, it was a fun gig and agree, Giant Hamburger were great. The 3rd song was All You Do Is Wow. It`s on our album - available on white vinyl and CD from our website - and will also make a further appearance at some point in a different form, as we`ve recorded a jazz/swing version.

Rogers Floating Hand is indeed the star of the band!

[quote name='TransistorBassMan' timestamp='1374976546' post='2155455']
Glad you enjoyed it!

Lozz, wasn't "New Glamour" the third song last night? ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1374977251' post='2155457']
Did we do Glamour third then? Thought it was second. Oh well, good job I do finance for a living with that wonderful grasp of numbers :blink:
[/quote]

New Glamour was second, it was the one after it :)