Why become a member? ×

Why Is Entering Text Such A Pain..?

discreet

[b]Why Is Entering Text Such A Pain..?[/b]

What I mean is this - when posting, or replying to a post, or doing anything which involves entering text with the keyboard, basschat does not behave like any other forum - or in fact like any other website, word or text processor or software.

Simple text entry is fine, but when one wants to delete something during entry, or cut, copy or paste bits of text here and there, quite often the cursor seems to have a mind of its own and decides to shoot up a couple of lines and delete a few characters, apparently at random.

Or an emoticon decides to put itself at the beginning a line of text instead of at the end.

ALSO, when replying to posts, one never knows just how many lines of space will be left between a quote and one's reply - sometimes one, sometimes two, sometimes none. There is NO consistency.

These are small complaints in themselves, but when one spends a lot of time on basschat, as I have been known to, it becomes a right royal pain in the arse and impacts negatively on the basschat experience.

Edited by discreet

I'm guessing you're an IE10 user?

The 'Rich Text Editor' just doesn't work the way it should with IE10 - I gave up with it months ago and just use the 'Plain Text Editor'.

We can moan\shout\stick pins into wax dolls and run naked through pine forests making bloody offerings to Wurksodya all we like, but, unfortunately, it's something that the company who sell the core software need to supply the fix for.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1374064339' post='2144855']
Nope - It's a 'basschat-only' problem. And someone else mentioned it, too... think it was Dave Vader.
[/quote]

I did, that was a while ago, I also use Chrome with adblock (although I'm on Iron at work now, just testing it out. quite good)
And it seems to have stopped.
But then i haven't been on much for the last few weeks, been busy. it may have come back.
:)

Chrome on the PC desktop is fine for me, but it is a bit iffy in the Android version. I'm not sure if it's the Swype keyboard which does misbehave in some text boxes, but sometimes the cursor moves up on that and I end up typing in the middle of a previous sentence!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1374059184' post='2144739']
[b]Why Is Entering Text Such A Pain..?[/b]

What I mean is this - when posting, or replying to a post, or doing anything which involves entering text with the keyboard, basschat does not behave like any other forum - or in fact like any other website, word or text processor or software.

Simple text entry is fine, but when one wants to delete something during entry, or cut, copy or paste bits of text here and there, quite often the cursor seems to have a mind of its own and decides to shoot up a couple of lines and delete a few characters, apparently at random.

Or an emoticon decides to put itself at the beginning a line of text instead of at the end.

ALSO, when replying to posts, one never knows just how many lines of space will be left between a quote and one's reply - sometimes one, sometimes two, sometimes none. There is NO consistency.

These are small complaints in themselves, but when one spends a lot of time on basschat, as I have been known to, it becomes a right royal pain in the arse and impacts negatively on the basschat experience.
[/quote]

Aha..! So, that which we've been taking for all these years as being sparkling wit and erudition is, in fact, merely the random inconsistency of your text editing..! I always suspected as much. No-one could be that clever, for so long. I shall allow myself to feel less jealous in this revelation. :mellow: