Why become a member? ×

I can't decide which colour Spector to order...

Clarky72

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1373828027' post='2142022']
Buying a Spector, do I go gloss white or gloss black?
[/quote]

Which model Spector , may I ask ? If it's an NS Series , black looks good with the gold hardwear , white looks good too but a bit too 1980's LA Hair Metal on that particular bass and trans red is very nice as well . If you are in fact getting a proper Spector at all then you are a jammy git in any colour you choose ! :)

Edited by Dingus

haha, brilliant. none the wiser so far apart from swaying slightly more towards the white.

@ Dingus: as it happens i love 80s hair metal :) I'm getting a Euro 4LX but custom spec so with gold hardware.

I was thinking initially of black as it looks awesome with the gold hardware, but then so does white. the white one might stand out a bit more...hmmm, i dunno!?!?!

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1373838954' post='2142212']
haha, brilliant. none the wiser so far apart from swaying slightly more towards the white.

@ Dingus: as it happens i love 80s hair metal :) I'm getting a Euro 4LX but custom spec so with gold hardware.

I was thinking initially of black as it looks awesome with the gold hardware, but then so does white. the white one might stand out a bit more...hmmm, i dunno!?!?!
[/quote]

In that case , I remember being a young hopeful with big hair of my own hanging out at bars and clubs on the Sunset Strip back at the height of the Hair Metal era in the mid to late 1980's , and a Spector bass was the ultimate goal for any aspiring metal bassist , and a white one was the holy grail , Just be careful you dont get hairspray in the electrics - they have a tendency to short out .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1373838954' post='2142212']

[/quote]

Trust me, I have 2 Black B.C.Rich Widow basses, they always look filthy :-(

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1373839430' post='2142221']
In that case , I remember being a young hopeful with big hair of my own hanging out at bars and clubs on the Sunset Strip back at the height of the Hair Metal era in the mid to late 1980's , and a Spector bass was the ultimate goal for any aspiring metal bassist , and a white one was the holy grail , Just be careful you dont get hairspray in the electrics - they have a tendency to short out .
[/quote]

Likewise mate, we ventured over to the Strip for a while, came back and tried to make it work at Marquee and the Fox etc... You';re right it was all about the Spectors then, bit also a lot of us had the Jacksons, Charvels and Kramers. Anything with no pickguard and a pointy headstock that didn't look like a vintage bass. I had a killer red Jackson, lusted after Kelly Nickels BC Rich's and Nikki Sixx's Spectors back then... :)

How about a trans black finish like my Euro 5LX?

[URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/RhysP/media/Guitars/Spectorbodycloseupa.jpg.html][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/RhysP/Guitars/Spectorbodycloseupa.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If it helps to see these basses in action , I remembered these vids :
White Spector
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdHmOuADZjo[/media]
Black Spector
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz5m4BCk_Y[/media]

Edited by Dingus