Why become a member? ×

I'm after a DI pedal...

Wooks79

VT Bass Deluxe also functions as an A/B box to switch basses and has a nice handy fx loop for all your pedals to sit in.

Currently I'm using the Radial Bassbone, for what I do it's great but I DI from it rarely I use it more to have a master fx loop switch and be able to switch 2 very different basses and get the volumes matched. Also the 15v it runs on is a pita unless you have a gigrig power supply.

In the past I had great experience with the MXR M-80 but as a clean di and eq the distortion on it isn't very good.

The VT Bass is definately on my list to try and I may switch to the VT Bass Deluxe over the Bass Bone as it does the same functions and I believe can give me 3 settings per A/B so basically 3 settings per bass which would be cool and all the connections are in one place so I wouldn't have the issue I have with the Bass Bone, where I have to run my tuner last and outside of the loop so I can have an output I can actually reach on the pedal, but this means if I tune and use the DI signal with still go to FOH (not good) but that said I largely DI off the amp with a Radial JDI to get all my valvey goodness.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1373622599' post='2139707']
I think I want a sansamp VT bass DI, but can't find where I'd buy one? Anyone help me where I'd get one at the mo?

I've got a behringer bdi21, but just wanna upgrade a bit...

Any other recommendations?
[/quote]

I did the same a few years ago, but the VT is quite a different sounding pedal, and i went and got a BDDI instead, then a Paradriver, and now back to the BDDI.

I`d recommend the Zoom B3, as being sold on here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/212162-zoom-b3-multi-effects-l110-incl-post-to-uk/

Has numerous amp-modelling/effects etc including Sansamp and other drives, plus in-built tuner and drums/rhythm. Great piece of kit.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, i was making two posts at once there.

Yep, i was just going to post the same thing, although ive gone back to using a real BDDI as i find it easier to adjust.
I did get my B3 as a cheaper alternative to the BDDI, and its got loads of other pre amp type things in it. If nothing else you can get to try out the other options for the price of one box.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote]Use one to bypass the preamp on the tatty house rig, go straight to FOH, for recording, use to take the tuner out of the signal chain... it's nice to fall back on sometimes. [/quote]
Why spend any money at all on amps and cabs... but that was a different thread ;)

Edited by Bolo

• 2 weeks later...

hey Si,
ive had dha ,sans, mxr and few others over the years,
Dha= sweet and multifunctional
sansamp.. your ray sounds exceptional (and is a friken cool colour!) Personally i think a sans would "mask" the tone of your ray too much (scoopy) and make it sound like every other ray+ sans combo out there (not that it's a bad thing!!)
I personally go with MXR for best sound/eq ALTHOUGH........ I don't particularly like the distortion (bit waspy)
If u really want control, then its a navigator.............
also, DI AND mic is the only true way!!