Why become a member? ×

Dick Venom Live In Your Living Room! (Slight Return)

BigRedX

Thanks to the wonder of the internet, on Friday 12th July at 9.30, you'll be able to enjoy a Dick Venom & The Terrortones gig from the safety and comfort of your own home!

[url=http://www.whitecollarzoo.tv]White Collar Zoo[/url] will be streaming the whole gig direct from the Jam Café in Nottingham onto your computer. All you have to do is to go to their website and sign up for the free service and then you are set to go!

To give you an idea of what to expect, both musically and from an audio and video PoV take a look at this clip of us playing "Valley Of The AllyAlligator Girls" from a gig a coule of months ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJx_CD-qj2g

Sadly I'll be performing my own gig at the time.

You should get them to upload so that you can watch again, like an iplayer thing I know I'd watch!

Ignore me, I can see now that is what the video is!!

Decided to type before watching.... My bad!

Edited by SpaceChick

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1373322271' post='2136276']
Unfortunately you can only see the whole gig on repeat by becoming a VIP member which costs money. Plus it's a gig - it's supposed to be enjoyed live. ;-)
[/quote]

Yeah it should. But I'm sure my punters won't be happy if I'm watching someone else's gig when I should be doing my own :P

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1373359026' post='2136533']
Would have looked in out of curiosity as I've still never seen them live but I'm treading the boards at some pub or other on Friday night myself.
[/quote]

I'm treading the boards at that very same venue on Saturday night ;)

I'll pop in and say hi on Friday.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1373624293' post='2139730']
New guitarist? I thought I kept up to pace with things in the Terrortones, but obviously not!
[/quote]

Our fourth since the band first gigged 3 years ago! We're just using them up and casting them aside...

Raymondo, come and say "hi!" Unfortunately I won't be able to see you play on Saturday as we're doing another gig up in Scotland! Which band are you in?

For the rest of you watching on-line enjoy the show!

MMM I'll try to master the art of being in two places at once....I will go to the Vollo to see Kev with the Nathan wall band for their first set as they are out of town then get back to the Jam cafe later and hope that you are on late....say 10.00-10.30 ish?

I need to go to the vollo as that is where I am gigging on Saturday and I need to borrow a guitar for one song...friends should be there that i can ask.

I don't have a band at the moment as I spend half the week in Edinburgh and half in Nottingham .
Saturday is a one off reunion of the old Stereophonics tribute band I played in as a favour to the landlady as she liked us....it's also my birthday treat to myself as I am 56 on Sunday!

If I get waylaid and miss the Terrortones I will make sure I catch the next one .....I have loved all your videos so far!

Here's a couple of stills (nabbed from the WCZ Facebook page) Did anyone one catch the live stream?

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/Dick%20Venom%20Live/1072171_444065809033581_1522738534_o_zps0dc97992.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/Dick%20Venom%20Live/1071188_444066435700185_1320916957_o_zps0a4f1036.png[/IMG]