Why become a member? ×

EVILBAY

MB1

MB1. :)
My listing clearly says U.K auction only! ......just been contacted by a guy in poland asking will i accept a bank transfer/giving him my bank details and then send the item to his friend in London. The guy has no Feedback!. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='213156' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:03 PM']I sold a SWR 6X10 to a guy from Poland with one feedback only a few weeks a go.

His friends drove over to Harrogate from Manchester, gave me the £600 in cash and drove it away.

Just goes to show eh?[/quote]

Thats Quite some Friends!....I told this guy from poland perhaps his friend in london should bid on it! .....Simplicity!
I still trust the EBAY statement "If it looks dodgy!....... it most definately will be!... :huh:

Most scams are obvious. I sell stuff to anyone, anywhere - as long as I get the cash first!

I agree about putting detail on the listings though - 9/10 questions I get about items are about info that I've already stated!

Hamster

It's not just the scammers - at least they're funny - it's the EuroTards who [b]insist[/b] upon placing bids even though your bidding policy regarding overseas bidders is clearly stated in [color="#FF0000"][b]BIG RED LETTERS[/b][/color] at the beginning & end of the listing.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Jon.

[quote name='paul, the' post='213375' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:53 PM']A normal search will not show items that aren't available to the country your searching from.
:)

They must be specifically searching for items not available to them.[/quote]

Usually I make things available to Europe - but there are some simple little rules for people to follow if they want to bid, which are in big, important-looking red writing at the front of every listing! Even if they don't speak English, it's noticeable enough that they might just think about Babelfishing it, surely? The same rules apply to low or negative feedbackers - they still bid without being approved too. :huh:

J.

[quote]it's the EuroTards who insist upon placing bids[/quote]
[quote]Usually I make things available to Europe - but there are some simple little rules for people to follow if they want to bid, which are in big, important-looking red writing at the front of every listing! Even if they don't speak English, it's noticeable enough that they might just think about Babelfishing it, surely?[/quote]

You can't Imagine how FAR from The original meaning has a babelfish translation.
It can Definetely happen , that If You put Available- in- Europe with "exceptions",the bidder does'nt realize clearly Those.

2) With All respect possible for Your Thoughts
it happened To me to buy stuff from England ,
where the seller did'nt want originally send To Italy ,and i just asked "if That does'nt sell now ,than could i purchase? etc etc "..

And I don't feel so "retarded" With the beautiful pedal or preamp i have now in my house :huh:

(off course it is valid If the english grammar of the overseaser is at least barely understandable..not like mine is very often i fear :) )
_____-__

That little Thing aside ,Out of Curiosity :

I'm Italian ,and i've noticed That a LOT of "european auction" don't get catched By italian Ebay_search Engine ..and The same
APPLied for USA_stuff!.

Stuff available for overseasers Does'nt appear on the search ,so I use the *.com Address for the researches I care REally.

Edited by alexlotta

[quote name='alexlotta' post='213462' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:22 PM']You can't Imagine how FAR from The original meaning has a babelfish translation.
It can Definetely happen , that If You put Available- in- Europe with "exceptions",the bidder does'nt realize clearly Those.

where the seller did'nt want originally send To Italy ,and i just asked "if That does'nt sell now ,than could i purchase? etc etc "..

And I don't feel so "retarded" With the beautiful pedal or preamp i have now in my house :huh:

(off course it is valid If the english grammar of the overseaser is at least barely understandable..not like mine is very often i fear :huh: )
_____-__

I'm Italian ,and i've noticed That a LOT of "european auction" don't get catched By italian Ebay_search Engine ..and The same
APPLied for USA_stuff!.

Stuff available for overseasers Does'nt appear on the search ,so I use the *.com Address for the researches I care REally.[/quote]

Do many Italians randomly place capital letters and underscores in a sentence? :)

[quote name='alexlotta' post='213462' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:22 PM']You can't Imagine how FAR from The original meaning has a babelfish translation.

(off course it is valid If the english grammar of the overseaser is at least barely understandable..not like mine is very often i fear :huh: )
_____-__

APPLied for USA_stuff!.

Stuff available for overseasers Does'nt appear on the search ,so I use the *.com Address for the researches I care REally.[/quote]
I have frequently used Babelfish to translate languages I have little or no grasp of - Japanese, frequently because vintage MIJ basses are a particular & peculiar interest of mine. Translated text can be vague & amusing but in my experience it's always possible to get the gist of the original meaning - even if it requires a leap of logic or two.

Here's an experiment: copy & paste this into Babelfish & see if you can make sense of it in your native language. Try not to read it first:

[quote][color="#FF0000"][b]PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
If you have less than 5 positive feedback, or have received more than 5 negative feedback, please contact me before placing a bid.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF YOUR BID.
If you are from outside the UK, please contact me before placing a bid in order for me to confirm the shipping rate to your country.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF YOUR BID.
Bidders from outside the UK MUST be able to pay with PayPal. I cannot accept overseas payment by any other means.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BIDDING:
Bidding starts at 99p, no reserve, postage to UK addresses £18.00. Postage to EU countries will be around £50 - but please contact me first.
I will obtain proof of postage at the Post Office. Once the parcel is in transit, delivery becomes Royal Mail's responsibility.
If you are outside the UK, please contact me prior to bidding so I can confirm the international postage rate.
I’d also like to request that bidders with less than 5 positive feedback contact me prior to bidding - failure to do so will result in your bid being cancelled.[/b][/color][/quote]

These two paragraphs appear at the beginning & end of every one of my auctions. And every auction I run (which is a good few by now) I will have about 20 bidders who choose to ignore every word of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and cancel a bid from a Swedish idiot. Who, if he's like every other Swede I've met, speaks better English than I do. :)

J.

[i]IT READS I PRAY THIS
In the first instance If you have less positive answers than 5, or have received more than negative answers 5, selo puts in contact with I pray before the positioning dell' offer.
L' OMISSION TO ACT IN SUCH A WAY WILL PROVOKE L' IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF YOUR OFFER.
If you come dall' outside of the United Kingdom, selo puts in contact with prays before the positioning dell' offer so that me in order to confirm the rate transport to your country.
L' OMISSION TO ACT IN SUCH A WAY WILL PROVOKE L' IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF YOUR OFFER.
The offerers dall' outside of the United Kingdom MUST be able to pay with PayPal. I cannot accept the payment d' overseas through some other means.
IT READS I PRAY HOW MUCH FOLLOWS BEFORE DELL' OFFER:
L' offer begins to 99p, nobody reserves, franking to the addresses £18.00 of the United Kingdom.
L' franking to the UE countries will be around £50 - but I pray it will put if it in contact with in the first instance. I will obtain the franking test all' post office them. Once that the package is in transit, the delivery is transformed in Mail' real; responsibility of s.
If you are outside of the United Kingdom, selo it puts in contact with I pray before dell' offer so as to I can confirm the rate international franking.
Moreover I would want to ask that the offerers with less positive answers than 5 they put if it in contact with before dell' offer - l' omission to act in such a way will provoke your offer that it is cancelled. [/i]

That's Babelfish English --> Italian, then Italian --> English.

Looks like you do a lot of praying, Jon.

:)

I was speaking in general terms..Not Just You.
Try To think when other people use short terms and so on.

For the rest ,Not useful to repeat what i did already posted,it's just likei said

Looking anyway that those things happen expecially to You ..already a Swedish one .

Well Anyway .."if Your Auction does'nt end well",i can contact You later on " :) :huh:

regards People :huh:

[quote name='alexlotta' post='213702' date='Jun 6 2008, 10:26 AM']Looking anyway that those things happen expecially to You ..already a Swedish one .[/quote]

I've just had to cancel the SwedeTard's bid. Twice. I even sent him (after he placed his first bid) a nice message asking him to confirm that he can pay with PayPal, and that he agrees to the frankly extortionate postage to Sweden. He ignored that, I cancelled his bid, and within minutes he'd bid again. What the f@ck is wrong with these morons?

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='213750' date='Jun 6 2008, 11:35 AM']I've just had to cancel the SwedeTard's bid. Twice. I even sent him (after he placed his first bid) a nice message asking him to confirm that he can pay with PayPal, and that he agrees to the frankly extortionate postage to Sweden. He ignored that, I cancelled his bid, and within minutes he'd bid again. What the f@ck is wrong with these morons?

J.[/quote]
Use words like knulla, skit, fitta, onanera. They will soon get the message. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='213750' date='Jun 6 2008, 11:35 AM']I've just had to cancel the SwedeTard's bid. Twice. I even sent him (after he placed his first bid) a nice message asking him to confirm that he can pay with PayPal, and that he agrees to the frankly extortionate postage to Sweden. He ignored that, I cancelled his bid, and within minutes he'd bid again. What the f@ck is wrong with these morons?

J.[/quote]

New idea for a BBC programme "Cant Read Wont Read!" :huh: