Why become a member? ×

Ampeg bass just gone on Ebay

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ampeg-Big-Stud-1970s-Bass-Guitar-In-Very-Nice-Condition-With-Case-/350811258420?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item51adfafe34"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ampeg-Big-Stud-1970s-Bass-Guitar-In-Very-Nice-Condition-With-Case-/350811258420?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item51adfafe34[/url]

Looks interesting, but heavy! I have to admit I don't know anything about these but it has got to be pretty unusual

Quote about them on T/B

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Big Stud retailed for about $350, rather a lot for a plywood bass...it was made by Tokai (Kasuga International) and was also marketed by Martin as the Sigma SBB2-8 and by Gretsch under the Dorado brand.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Will.[/font][/color]

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1370761849' post='2105128']
Quote about them on T/B

[color=#000000]The Big Stud retailed for about $350, rather a lot for a plywood bass...it was made by Tokai (Kasuga International) and was also marketed by Martin as the Sigma SBB2-8 and by Gretsch under the Dorado brand.[/color]

[color=#000000]Will.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm thinking......not far away from us eh Will?

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1370879453' post='2106777']
I'm thinking......not far away from us eh Will?
[/quote]

Yes not far away Andy, but I can't say that I fancy it myself, Although I love my Ampeg Dan Armstrong Plexiglass!

Will.