Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker customer service

cloudburst

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1370861236' post='2106331']
Hiscox are awesome for customer service, and I'll say so to anyone who'll listen.[/quote]
I will do the same for SKB.
I bought a 6U rack case secondhand some years ago but it only had a couple of the cage-nuts so I couldn't mount all my gear in it. I did a quick google search to try to find a source somewhere in the UK, came up blank and so I emailed SKB direct in the USA. I explained that I'd bought the case 2ndhand and couldn't find an outlet for the nuts, and could they advise me of a UK dealer I could approach? I received the reply, "Oh yes, they can be a bit hard to come by, give me your postal address and I'll pop some in the mail for you with our compliments. Will two packs be enough?".
Less than 3 days later they landed on my doormat, all the way from Orange county California. Absolutely stunning customer care, especially when you consider that I hadn't even bought the case new from them.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1370824201' post='2106089']
That 72 is gorgeous, Rich - really is!
[/quote]

Final bit of thread-jacking. :)
One of my guitards came round today. Almost the first thing out of his mouth was "I never knew you had a Ric". He picked it out of the rack probably expecting the worst, banged out a few fast riffs on it's super fast neck. "Holy f***!" says he as he flops back into the seat "That's about the best bass I've ever played.". He couldn't get over the action and it's "played in" neck, although he did manage to find fault with the occasional bit of fret buzz - hey it's a Ric. I had to solder up a guitar he'd taken round to fix. The whole time he was here he noodled on the Ric..... and not my strat as usual. :D

Edited by Ou7shined

Rich, just so you don't have to put up with that again, I'll take it off your hands. ;)

Seriously, if the neck on yours is like the neck on most '72s I've played (including mine), it's my favourite neck ever.

You can PM me pics if you want, just for scientific purposes, honest!

Edited by 4000

D'Addario customer service is one of the best. I bought a set of bass Nylon strings, and they didn't fit the scale length. I e-mailed them, and figured I'd be lucky to get a response in two days, or not at all. 15 to 20 minutes passed, and I got a reply back. They asked what the problem was with the strings, etc. They asked me to measure from the ball to the nut. I did. After my reply back, D'Addario replied back asking for my name, address, etc. I didn't mention anything to them about a replacement set of strings to them, just reporting the problem. They sent me a new set of factory fresh Nylon strings no charge.

I used D'Addario flats in the past, and I use no other brand of bass strings now. No strings attached.

• 8 months later...

I just want to give a +1 for Rosetti customer service, who I believe are the importers/distributors for RIC. I called Rosetti this week to source 2 replacement gear bolts for a couple of tuners on my newly acquired 4001. The person on the phone was as helpful as helpful can be. They had none in stock, but asked me to send a pic that could be forwarded to RIC. All the time calling me back as promised. Eventually they said RIC could send the bolts and washers, and was very apologetic that there would to be a charge (£5.75 for a bolt and washer). They thought RIC might just throw them into a consignment, but said sometimes they do this. TBH I don't think the price is that bad, I was waiting for them to say they were £20 each.

Any-hoo, I'm having to wait for them to come with the next batch of Rics from the USA. Apparently Rics come when they come and no date can be given.

BTW, here is the pic I sent. See if you can spot the original bolts and the bogus ones jammed in with a bit of plakka!

Edited by Billy Apple

Rosetti are great. Bizzarely, the Schaller lock on the top horn my Ricky wasn't cut correctly and didn't fit my straplocks (bottom one fine, weirdly!). Contacted Rosetti, within a few days a new Schaller set was sent to me FOC :)

Edited by Kev