Why become a member? ×

alice coloured strings....not too shaby....yes they are!

iconic

Bought some on a whim and being shallow i thought id like the blingy effect!

Just over a tenner delivered.....well wrapped...nicely finished....great colours..tuned up quickly.......very bright sounding....but im used to a 105 e string these are 90 (95?)...seem like good value to me.

Edited by iconic

oops sorry...

linky [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-MULTI-COLOURED-Bass-Guitar-Strings-40-95-Green-Blue-Red-and-Gold-/230966826892?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35c6b2178c"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35c6b2178c[/url] just over a tenner in fact.

...photos taken but son has 'borrowed' the cable to down load :angry:

mine aren' the same as the advert box picture, they are same as the bagged up picture:
E = bright mid metallic blue (all anodised colours like bike parts)
A = bright yellowey gold
D = bright red
G = bright pea green

Edited by iconic

hmm....something odd about these strings....

1/ they are now so 'slack' when in tune that I've run out of truss rod adjustment overnight on my Yamaha A2, they simply isn't enough 'pull' on the neck :o ...they do feel strange like really old strings but still zingy, very floppy and loose, some may like this and this maybe just me as I like a firm Fender Superbass string.

2/ fitted them to an old Squier jazz bass and the G string isn't really long enough, its slipping on the tuning peg!

3/ back in the pack for a refund!

Edited by iconic

They are under £7 with free postage from some eBay stores and only come in a completely useless combination of gauges.
You get what you pay for.

I tried the DR ones once too, within 1 gig (yes one) the colour had flaked off leaving red on my hands, my bass and trapped in all the nooks and crannies, and silver strings. worse was it was only where I'd played so from the 6th fret to the end of the neck and from the pickup to the bridge was red, the rest was silver. So much for looking good. I might as well have bought a sharpie and coloured in some rotosounds.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1370015319' post='2095604']
They are under £7 with free postage from some eBay stores and only come in a completely useless combination of gauges.
You get what you pay for.

I tried the DR ones once too, within 1 gig (yes one) the colour had flaked off leaving red on my hands, my bass and trapped in all the nooks and crannies, and silver strings. worse was it was only where I'd played so from the 6th fret to the end of the neck and from the pickup to the bridge was red, the rest was silver. So much for looking good. I might as well have bought a sharpie and coloured in some rotosounds.
[/quote]

Actually funny that you should say that- I used the black beauties on my BC Rich for ages and thought they were great, and so did the audience. They definitely don't have that 'raw' feeling that the Lo-Riders have, so that could either be a good or bad thing. I'm yet to try the DDT range to see whether it's a synonymous thing with DR strings. The colour of the strings had pretty much been churned back to silver, but I only really thought of it from the total abuse of the fretboard over months. However although a fun gimmick, I don't think I'll be going back to them especially now I'm using Earnie Balls' Hybrid Slinkies.