Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Cornwall

odysseus

Hi there! To my shame, I have only recently discovered this forum. I've been playing bass for quite a few years - In my glam days I started off with a metallic pink Charvel bass, (what was I thinking??) which was a piece of crap, so I traded it in for a second hand Ibanez Roadster, which was way better and just in time for the grunge phase. I acquired another Roadster as back-up, also bought an Ibanez 6 string after I discovered John Myung, then bought a rather nice Musicman Stingray with 2 humbuckers, which meant that I sold the Roadsters on as I didn't play them any more. Had an Ampeg stack a few years back, which I sold when I went to uni. I've since had a Peavey Max 700 head and various cabs, the only one of which I have left is an ancient Trace Elliot 1x15. I'm probably going to sell that on and get a Barefaced 2x12, which will be easier to lug up 4 flights of stairs to my flat. I also play a bit of guitar, and I've got a PRS on the way, as some loon paid over the odds for my old car a few weeks back. Result! Anyway... helloooo!!

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1368563405' post='2078704']
Dynargh!

Where abouts in Cornwall are you?
[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]I'm in Tuckingmill, just outside Camborne. Not quite the asshole of the universe, but sort of on the ringpiece![/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"] [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1368564323' post='2078721']
Hello fellow Cornish bass person.
[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]Hello there, sir! Crikey... weren't you on Amplifeye a few years back?[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"] [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1368707818' post='2080421']
Welcome Odysseus,

Are you playing DT stuff in a band? Just wondering.

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]I wish, mate. Shift work and lack of decent singers make that unlikely, unfortunately :-([/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]Thanks for the welcome, folks! :-)[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1368735007' post='2080973']Hello fellow Cornish bass person.
Hello there, sir! Crikey... weren't you on Amplifeye a few years back?[/quote]

Yes I was! Blimey, I had forgotten about that site. It was really good for a while. :)

Edited by deanovw

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1368735007' post='2080973']
[font=Calibri][size=3]I'm in Tuckingmill, just outside Camborne. Not quite the asshole of the universe, but sort of on the ringpiece![/size][/font]

[/quote]

God bless you sir :hi:

Say, if you fancy a trip to Penzance tonight, I hear there's a good band at the Zero Lounge :D

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1368736111' post='2081007']
Yes I was! Blimey, I had forgotten about that site. It was really good for a while.
[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]Yes, it was great until Facebook killed it.... <_<[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]I'm glad I'm not the only person who never changed their username lol [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1368775101' post='2081242']
God bless you sir

Say, if you fancy a trip to Penzance tonight, I hear there's a good band at the Zero Lounge
[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]Well thankyou, my good fellow. Unfortunately I'm already busy. What is the name of this good band, pray? I may have to check them out another time. [/size][/font][/size][/font]
:)

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1368811031' post='2081900']
[font=Calibri][size=3][font=Calibri][size=3]Yes, it was great until Facebook killed it.... <_<[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][font=Calibri][size=3]I'm glad I'm not the only person who never changed their username lol [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][font=Calibri][size=3] [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/quote]

I fear change. B)

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1368811031' post='2081900']

[font=Calibri][size=3]Well thankyou, my good fellow. Unfortunately I'm already busy. What is the name of this good band, pray? I may have to check them out another time. [/size][/font]
:)
[/quote]

A bunch of guys in silly shirts by the name of Fragile Sanity. We also do weddings! :D

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1368898932' post='2082842']
A bunch of guys in silly shirts by the name of Fragile Sanity. We also do weddings! :D
[/quote] Ahhhh... I have heard good things about you guys. I used to play in a band with a guy called Steve Gilbert who mentioned Fragile Sanity in glowing terms. Do you advertise your gigs anywhere? I'd like to check it out. Are you planning to move into wakes and barmitzvahs in the near future? That's where it's at! :P

Edited by odysseus

I know Steve! I rehearsed with him a few times for that Rush tribute that he's doing B)

Our gig list on the [url="http://www.fragilesanity.co.uk/?page_id=21"]website[/url] is usually up to date. When we remember we make Facebook event pages etc too.

Funny you should mention wakes and Bar Mitzvahs, we are available but the bookings haven't come in yet! :P

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1369580289' post='2090553']
I know Steve! I rehearsed with him a few times for that Rush tribute that he's doing B)
[/quote] So did I lol. It was great fun, but with the amount of work I've got going on I can't commit 10-12 hours a week to learning covers. Plus.... all that gear.. *shudders*... it sounds great when it's all working, but...... :rolleyes:
[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1369580289' post='2090553']
Our gig list on the [url="http://www.fragilesanity.co.uk/?page_id=21"]website[/url] is usually up to date. When we remember we make Facebook event pages etc too.
[/quote]Ah nice one, cheers bud. I'll try and catch the band soon! :D

• 4 weeks later...

[i] Another [/i]welcome from up Snozzle!

It's great around these parts. I can see the only high-rise block of flats in Cornwall from my house.

Oh and if you decide you could live with a barefaced compact over a super12 then I will have one available shortly!