Why become a member? ×

Wait, what?

Oversoul

[url="http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Career-CB-RIK-400-Sunburst-/art-BAS0006313-000?recId=17ac7ea0-ab04-4f1d-95c3-42c16b5cc056"]http://www.musicstor...c3-42c16b5cc056[/url] Are these licensed by RIC? :blink:

Edited by Oversoul

Interesting that The Backer police aren`t going after these, as they`re too big. I`ve always liked Rickenbackers, but do think they way they do things is a bit rubbish, school bully-ish in a way - I can take him so I`ll have a go, but he`s bigger than me so I`ll keep out of his way.

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1368321334' post='2075724']
You're probably right. Music store are massive. They would likely defend and law suit ferociously
[/quote]
not only that, if they lost they would set a precedent for everyone else to use and the floodgates would open with Ric copies being sold all over. I guess they can't take that risk. There are other places that sell Ric copies openly on their website too. Its part of the reason I object so much to Johnny & co. going after somebody selling a 40 year old bolt-on Hondo copy on eBay for £200.

Isn't music store the company that's just taken over dv247? I've always fancied a ric but the prices and actions of the management have put me off the real thing, these look pretty good though! Hmm really wish I didn't have cash burning a hole in my pocket!

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm not a lawyer but I've had to fight a number of licensed/patented tech issues over the years. Reading through the BC topic RIC would appear to have a cast iron case in terms of defending their trademark, however IIRC they have to fight all Transgressions brought to their attention - they can't pick and choose their fights.....

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1368350255' post='2075869']
Trade Tang and AliBaba have loads of basses like that, even a lush [url="http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RIC-Custom-Shop-2012-New-Twin-Neck-solid-maple-purpleElectric-Guitar/765000666.html"]double-necked fella[/url].
[/quote]

Great Caesar's ghost! That's £248.53 for a 4/12 shipped free to the UK.

Slap on the customs and you're looking at about £330.00 :o Mind you, it's a bit horrid, that purple (ymmv, etc.)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1368467416' post='2077451']
Great Caesar's ghost! That's £248.53 for a 4/12 shipped free to the UK.

Slap on the customs and you're looking at about £330.00 :o Mind you, it's a bit horrid, that purple (ymmv, etc.)
[/quote]

I like the purple, I am feeling proggy, my birthday is soon....

Hmmmm... maybe :)