Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending.......Fender USA Precision Bass 2001 S/Burst Fender Case - Poss Warwick Trade?
£599

bagsieblue

Boring back story: - Possible job loss looming so need to rationalise the toys. This being a USA Fender is hopefully the most saleable bass I've got.

Good Points: - It's a Fender Precision 2001 Sunburst with Fender Moulded Case.
Great playing and sounding bass, nice stripe on the freboard.
Some of the best Fender basses date from around this time.
Overall in very good condition.

Bad Points: - A couple of dings, both pictured, one on the top side of the bass where your forearm would rest, another inside the inner top horn. There are a couple of hairline lacquer cracks in the back of the neck, I've tried to photograph these as best as I can but they are very difficult to photograph. Also a couple of minor marks on the top of the fretboard which again are very difficult to photograph.

£599 for a cash sale - [i]may[/i] trade (trade valuation would be increased) for something (Warwick / Fender Jazz?) that would mean I would then put one of my other Warwick's up for sale.
By all means let me know what you've got, the worst I can do is politely decline.

Selling for cash preferred due to current circumstances.
I'm in Chorley, Lancs - any inspection more than welcome.

Edited by bagsieblue

I've done some short video clips of the bass that I can email to anyone who wants to see them - just PM me.
In these I've been able to show the dinks and marks better than I could capture with the camera.

Also, better picture of the dink inside the horn here:

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2zgffiq.jpg[/IMG]

A USA Precision for £600, about the same price as many second hand Japanese Precisions/Jazzes (MOST of which have poorer p'ups, imo). As most of us know most of these fellas only get better with age.
For goodness sake somebody treat themselves to a possible lifelong workhorse and friend.
Karl.

Plus the late nineties/early noughties series are incredibly good, due to a take-over Fender had back then, so the quality and workmanship was really upped at around this time. This bass is a bargain, that I sadly can`t manage, sigh...............