Why become a member? ×

Rig Bliss?

danweb22

i'm not surprised that you've reached rig nirvana! i'm only still gassing as i've not really tried many heads out, i bought the headlite as it was cheapish and i wanted somethging lighter than my superfly,

i'm going to try my midgets with as many heads as i can, i might realise that the Headlite is my perfect amp or i might find i want something else, it's going to be lots of fun finding out! (the th500 is very high on the list of heads i want to try)

Mat

my rig is perfect at the moment, only thing i want to switch out is my Ampeg PF500 (for the PF800 when it's released)

i didnt play on it for ages and i'd totally forgotten how amazing it sounded, adding the Microtubes Vintage really gave me the tiny bit i thought i was missing too!

Ampeg PF500 into Barefaced Super 15 is a killer combo!

[quote name='richardjmorgan' timestamp='1366888883' post='2058536']
So it sits in front of the other cone? Sorry, mostly a guitarist so tweeters are bizzarre, alien technology to me.
[/quote]

It does indeed. :)

Not all bass cabs have the tweeter in this position. Most have the tweeter above the driver, but I think Alex puts the tweeter in that position on the Midget as the cab is already designed to get the best from the driver (so making the cab bigger to fit the tweeter in is going to make it sound different from the other with no tweeter).

I believe most of the other BFB cabs have the tweeter in a top corner of the cab.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1366894213' post='2058657']
It does indeed. :)

Not all bass cabs have the tweeter in this position. Most have the tweeter above the driver, but I think Alex puts the tweeter in that position on the Midget as the cab is already designed to get the best from the driver (so making the cab bigger to fit the tweeter in is going to make it sound different from the other with no tweeter).

I believe most of the other BFB cabs have the tweeter in a top corner of the cab.
[/quote]
So it doesn't affect the sound coming out of the big cone, having all that business in front of it, I assume?

[quote name='richardjmorgan' timestamp='1366902256' post='2058804']
So it doesn't affect the sound coming out of the big cone, having all that business in front of it, I assume?
[/quote]

Other than adding the higher frequencies that the tweeter provides, no. Not as far as I am aware.