Why become a member? ×

Fender JV Squier Precision 1983 Sold
£350

ash

Here's an old beaten up JV Squier Bass for sale dated 1983. The bass has the original scratchplate and pickup. The bridge, knobs, string tree and the pots were taken from another old '83 Precision JV Squier I sold on years ago. Tuners are age appropriate replacements by Fender. The body has been refinished in white (it appears to have a blue tinge to my eyes), neck is worn but feels nice to play, frets have been crowned (possibly a refret). Evidence in the neck pocket shows it was originally fiesta red and the grain of wood shows that it is made from sen ash. The neck plate has the correct JV serial engraved on it but its a replacement. Truss rod turns and there is a pencilled date and stamp on the neck heel. It looks like years ago there was some exposure to moisture as the varnish at the heel is discoloured in the neck pocket but its all dry and sound now. There are cosmetic dings a plenty - the condition is 'road worn' in the truest sense of the word. It's light, plays well and sounds great. A nice JV that could benefit from a refinish to restore it to its former glory. Sorry for the variable quality of the pics I'm away from home and this is what I had on my iPad.
Looking for a sale preferably where you can come and have a look at it but I'll post in the UK if necessary.
Only trades would be for a Fender Pawnshop VI string plus some cash from me. SOLD
Cheers.

Edited by ash

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1365785529' post='2044595']
Never seen a JV with a skunk stripe before.
[/quote]

Have a look here -

http://www.21frets.com/squier_jv/jvprecisionbass.htm

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1365788991' post='2044659']
Is it still red underneath? Hence the bluey tinge, if I put a tort plate on it would be a great twin for my jazz :) just changed my rig and its cost me more money doh!!
[/quote]

No I don't think so there is a bit of red in the routs.

Forgive my ignorance but how can it be 57 and 83 at the same time? Is 57 a model and not a year? Or rather a year that is now a model rather than the actual year it was made. So a copy of a bass from 1957. Made in 1983. Is that how it works? Did I just answer my own question? Why am I here? Hello? Mother?

[quote name='Thornybank' timestamp='1365800202' post='2044830']
There, there, my son.
There, there.
[/quote]
:)
[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1365798554' post='2044811']
Forgive my ignorance but how can it be 57 and 83 at the same time? Is 57 a model and not a year? Or rather a year that is now a model rather than the actual year it was made. So a copy of a bass from 1957. Made in 1983. Is that how it works? Did I just answer my own question? Why am I here? Hello? Mother?
[/quote]
You have indeed answered your own question - it's made in 1983 and based on a '57 model. ;)