Why become a member? ×

Does the sound of your bass make you go, "OH YES!"?

My current deluxe jazz is very sweet, but My Dolphin Pro 1 had the most awesome funk tone with fingers and slap, if only i could have adjusted to the wide neck :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='207614' date='May 27 2008, 09:52 PM']Does the sound of your bass make you go, "OH YES!!!"??

Just wondered how many of you really love the sound of a particular instrument you have or have had in the past?[/quote]

Sometimes my bass and rig most definitely do. Other times I haven't changed anything and it's just really uninspiring. Maybe I suffer from Entwistle's Syndrome - a serious complaint where everyone else thinks it's an awesome sound but all the sufferer can hear is a bit of muddiness round the low C and a bit of plasticy resonance around the 6th to 9th frets on the G string, often leading to the delusion that he needs something other than a Precision.

The first time I heard my Thumb through my Ampeg rig I almost done a little wee with elation and pleasure. It is a sound that makes me weak at the knees and one that more than justifies the price of a good Ampeg all-valve rig as well as the ticket price of good Warwicks.

[quote name='bremen' post='208687' date='May 29 2008, 11:02 AM']Sometimes my bass and rig most definitely do. Other times I haven't changed anything and it's just really uninspiring. Maybe I suffer from Entwistle's Syndrome - a serious complaint where everyone else thinks it's an awesome sound but all the sufferer can hear is a bit of muddiness round the low C and a bit of plasticy resonance around the 6th to 9th frets on the G string, often leading to the delusion that he needs something other than a Precision.[/quote]
:) You funny man, Mr. :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='207614' date='May 27 2008, 09:52 PM']Does the sound of your bass make you go, "OH YES!!!"??

Just wondered how many of you really love the sound of a particular instrument you have or have had in the past?

This only came up as I was playing my 2007 Status S2-Classic this afternoon (only through a little Roland bass cube) & the sound was as good as perfect to my ears. Excellent slap sound, harmonics amazing, really full and growly fingerstyle sound, etc. It can't get much better than this, I was thinking to myself!

Similar experiences?[/quote]

MB1. :)
OH YES, YES ,YES!(in a Ask Churchill! Styley!)
STATUS...INNIT!. :huh:

You guys are A-Holes... Mine makes me want to vomit... i can't wait to get my ibanez...

i'm stuck with a crappy Fender P (copy) the thing is falling to bits on me... wires have come away from the volume and tone pots, and even if it was working i still wouldn't get an OH YES because the tone on it is crappy which makes it sound wirey and un-bass like...

i get more pleasure from playing the schools bass...

not a happy bass bunny right now... ::):

Edited by teen t-shirt

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='208713' date='May 29 2008, 11:37 AM']You guys are A-Holes... Mine makes me want to vomit... i can't wait to get my ibanez...

i'm stuck with a crappy Fender P (copy) the thing is falling to bits on me... wires have come away from the volume and tone pots, and even if it was working i still wouldn't get an OH YES because the tone on it is crappy which makes it sound wirey and un-bass like...

i get more pleasure from playing the schools bass...

not a happy bass bunny right now... ::huh::[/quote]

Look on the bright side,once youve got your ibanez,your p copy should burn heartily for at least 2 hours! :huh:
Things Can only get better!

[quote name='Tinman' post='208679' date='May 29 2008, 10:51 AM']I own a Shuker, so of course I've had the "oh yes" moment :huh:

Seriously though, every time I plug it in - it just just wows me, I get tingles down the spine from the sound.

Pete[/quote]

The "Oh No" moment was when you got the bill? :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='208718' date='May 29 2008, 11:48 AM']MB1. :huh:
Look on the bright side,once youve got your ibanez,your p copy should burn heartily for at least 2 hours! :huh:
Things Can only get better![/quote]

i was actually thinking of giving it back to the sh*t hole that i bought it from in the first place... bludey cash converters

they lied to me!!! :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='208720' date='May 29 2008, 11:50 AM']MB1. :)
The "Oh No" moment was when you got the bill? :huh:[/quote]
Haha, yeah, a little maybe but at just over what you'd pay for an 'off the peg' Stingray, I'd say the wait and cost were well worth it (even with the marmite :huh: )

For me, yes. When I plugged the Cutlass into the V8 and EBS 212neo and gigged it the first time it was hitting the g-spot quite nicely. G=groove BTW. Hopefully might get a similar reaction from the Shuttle 6.0, EBS and Smith bass.

The amazing thing about my new bass is that it has so much happening throughout the frequency range that it sounds good even through the worst amp in the world! Last night I played a gig where the backline consisted of one of those funny little slot-loaded bandpass Trace Elliot combos and I could still hear myself just fine (evidence linked in signature) though I wouldn't have wanted to use such a tiny amp with decent PA support.

Alex

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='209623' date='May 30 2008, 02:19 PM']Ewwwwwwwwwwww marmite? :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
74% of bear owners who expressed a preference said there paddington prefered it! :huh:

Edited by MB1