Why become a member? ×

FABULOUS Fender Classic 50s Precision SOLD
£400

Rayman

LOVELY bass, this. I'm switching to Schecter for the band, so this P bass has to make way. 2 in, 1 out etc etc.

Fender Classic 50s Precision, all original, MIM, with the tug bar added. It plays like a dream, sounds monster, and looks as sexy as a hooker in high heels walking down the Vegas strip.

I've loved having this bass, and the band will NOT be impressed that I'm letting it go, but screw 'em.

It's in lovely condition, save for some rubbing in the finish, presumably a result of an over active wrist action:

Other than that, it's in fantastic condition, with just a couple of tiny marks on the back.

It's fitted with a magic set of TI flats, my P bass string of choice, and plays really really superbly, with a relatively low action (to me at least).

Rock, funk, jazz, pop...whatever your deal, this has YOUR name written on it

[b]SOLD !![/b]

Edited by Rayman

Is the big one big? Or is the little one little?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/russjm/2013-03-19125002_zps96ff4f98.jpg[/IMG]

YOU decide. Either way, you get both.

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1363710382' post='2016353']
Small or far away?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

Cheers,
Norm
[/quote]
You beat me to it!

My dream bass. Unfortunately I'm £240 (at the moment) shy of the amount you're asking.... Dude, if you've still got this come early May I'm having it, but this will be gone by the end of the week for sure. Have a gold anodised bump on me! :D

Edited by Grant

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1363722134' post='2016609']
Wows im currently gassing for a precision and this looks ideal, any trades at all? I've a stagg EUB or a Washburn AB10 that I'm considering moving on :)
[/quote]

Don't fear. Mine might be on sale soon.
And my wrist activity hasn't sullied the finish ;-)

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1363739577' post='2016984']
That is a LOVELY precision and I would call it a bargain! Good luck with the sale dude if I didn't already have my Nate Mendel I'd be all over this
[/quote]

Cheers mate, yes it's genuinely a real belter. Played it last night and felt a bit misty eyed :)

I'm going away on Saturday for a week, so I've dropped the price..........to entice..........you in, and to ensure I've got a landslide of PMs for when I get back ;)

I think that's a very good price, for a Precision as good as any US ones I've had recently.

[b]£375[/b] please, can't go any lower than that. Not really up for trades at the moment.

Newcastle is no problem. I get all over the place with work, it'd be possible to meet up that way somewhere. I draw the line at anywhere north of you, or south of Bristol. Anywhere in the middle I can usually wangle a work related trip out.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sandblast' timestamp='1364851827' post='2031851']
Yes, to me.
[/quote]

Nice one Russ is a great guy to deal with - I see you are a fellow Lancaster bassist too! Cheers

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1364853714' post='2031902']

Nice one Russ is a great guy to deal with - I see you are a fellow Lancaster bassist too! Cheers
[/quote]

Hi and yes : I was playing electric guitar and doing duets with a bassist locally. Anyway, he had a MIM Jazz Bass and we swapped as an experiment, and I didn't want to give him it back. So the bass bug bit me right in the gonads.