Why become a member? ×

Cheap 9v batteries (for those active basses)

thumbo

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1362254284' post='1997698']
Sony ones for me, or maybe panasonic. Still from the pound shop, which charges 95p for two where I go, cos theres a 99p shop next door to it - yeah, as cuthroat as that !

I dont trust Kodak for stuff thats not photographic any more than I'd buy a guitar from Ever Ready.
[/quote]

Does Kodak actually manufacture batteries though? Or Sony, or Panasonic?

Funny thing, branding.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1362346331' post='1998807']
Does Kodak actually manufacture batteries though? Or Sony, or Panasonic?

Funny thing, branding.
[/quote]

Aside from batteries.

Sony and Pana do make good quality consumer eletronics, amd so have a name and reputation to protect. Their battery operated small items and accessories are decent quality.

afaik Kodak make budget printers, and used to distribute cheap nasty re branded crap VHS tapes.

That's sort of my point. People tend to judge the quality of a brand irrespective of whether stuff is actually made on the same factory production line.

AFAIK, TDK used to make a very high proportion of all the mag tape in the world. Samsung used to make a very high proportion of all the 'glass' for LCD screens and TVs. Etc, etc.

A battery is pretty much a battery (chemistry differences aside, of course). Why would Kodak go to a lot of trouble to set up a separate production line in order to badge a cheap inferior one?

Edited by flyfisher

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1362416391' post='1999340']
That's sort of my point. People tend to judge the quality of a brand irrespective of whether stuff is actually made on the same factory production line.

AFAIK, TDK used to make a very high proportion of all the mag tape in the world. Samsung used to make a very high proportion of all the 'glass' for LCD screens and TVs. Etc, etc.

A battery is pretty much a battery (chemistry differences aside, of course). Why would Kodak go to a lot of trouble to set up a separate production line in order to badge a cheap inferior one?
[/quote]

You order from China, you send em the logo and they print whatever you want on the item and on the carton. Of course, I have not checked to see if theyre actually made in China, but you get the point.

You might just as well buy the cheapest Chinese ones you can find.

As for videotapes, TDK was OK, maybe they made different grades, cos back in another life, when I used to repair VCRs for a living, cheap tapes like Kodak ones really were terrible, both the tape quality and the cassette housing really were rubbish sometimes

Edited by BILL POSTERS

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1362421904' post='1999498']
You order from China, you send em the logo and they print whatever you want on the item and on the carton. Of course, I have not checked to see if theyre actually made in China, but you get the point.

You might just as well buy the cheapest Chinese ones you can find.
[/quote]

Yep, might just as well. Just like HDMI cables and the like.

I don't think I've ever had a battery die on me, I've only changed them due to paranoia that it's been a while. My G&L still has the original after nearly 2 years. But I do use Procells where I can.

Edited by Machines

Last lot of procells cost me £6 for ten, delivered off ebay. And they seem to go forever.

Tried rechargeables and they don't seem to last worth a damn. Especially in my wireless transmitter

P.S. I used to use Ikea own brand ones until a year or so back but we dont live near an Ikea any more.

They were great for the money, albeit a nasty shade of hot dog mustard yellow.

Edited by ivansc

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1362318968' post='1998283']
Thanks fellas..I just paid £12 for 4 from Tescos... :( :blush: :( :blush:

as the saying goes.."we're all geniuses with hindsight.."
[/quote]
How much? Blimey. Definitely not their 'Value'
horsemeat specials there then...

• 2 weeks later...