Why become a member? ×

An Old Horse Comes Out- Well, gig photos anyway

At the request of Martthebass who wanted to see if I had the guts to play a pink bass in public, here are a few photos of a couple of gigs played at the London Irish recently.

One is a Charity Do and the other was a 30th Birthday.

I have never played so drunk as I did on the Charity gig as the photo with me and my Stingray will testify (what on earth was I doing and who the Hell has stolen my neck?) Fortunately, I am led to believe this is my Jazz face, not my sex face (thank you Mrs Old Horse for clarifying that).

Excuse the Cauliflower ears, the fact that I look like a builder and the shoddy technique. As a bass player, I make a mighty fine Tighthead Prop.

I think Phil Lynott's title of sexiest Irish bass player is safe for a while longer....

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='205256' date='May 23 2008, 09:30 PM']I thought that was [i]Bergundy Mist[/i] or something.

It's hardly a DaisyRock colour, is it? I think your secret's safe for a while longer ...[/quote]

It is Burgundy Mist and I think it's lovely. Not quite DaisyRock but maybe next time!!

[quote name='OldGit' post='205268' date='May 23 2008, 09:49 PM']Ha ha

How's your hearing doing with the jazz?[/quote]
It's so much better. I really miss the P Bass and the width of the neck (the Jazz feels like a broom handle in comparison) but sonically it's so much more in my range. The pickups are a bit quiet, so I might put some Wizards in to it.

Very happy though

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='205270' date='May 23 2008, 09:51 PM']It's so much better. I really miss the P Bass and the width of the neck (the Jazz feels like a broom handle in comparison) but sonically it's so much more in my range. The pickups are a bit quiet, so I might put some Wizards in to it.

Very happy though[/quote]

Phew I thought you were going to have a long term problem ..

You could do a hybrid Jazz with a P neck if you don't get on with it ... or Jon could knock you up a special with a wide neck :) ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='205277' date='May 23 2008, 10:01 PM']Phew I thought you were going to have a long term problem ..

You could do a hybrid Jazz with a P neck if you don't get on with it ... or Jon could knock you up a special with a wide neck :) ...[/quote]

You're a very bad influence Si. I've already thought about the next project I can get Jon working on...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='205278' date='May 23 2008, 10:04 PM']You're a very bad influence Si. I've already thought about the next project I can get Jon working on...[/quote]

h ha go on then ...

I may have to get a Shuk JJB 4 string at some point .. my POS SX P is Ok but when i play it I miss the Shuker P5 sound and playability and lights and neck :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='205287' date='May 23 2008, 10:23 PM']h ha go on then ...

I may have to get a Shuk JJB 4 string at some point .. my POS SX P is Ok but when i play it I miss the Shuker P5 sound and playability and lights and neck :)[/quote]

Jon reckons my 5 string is nearly done now.

I really like his JJB too, so it might heavily influence my next order :huh:

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='205288' date='May 23 2008, 10:27 PM']Jon reckons my 5 string is nearly done now.

I really like his JJB too, so it might heavily influence my next order :)[/quote]

I'm sure he'll do a pink one for you :huh:

I was at that gig Murph nd may I say your level of inebriation was identical to the majority oif the crowd. As a result you sounded awsome. Cum on U IIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHHH![attachment=8941:hat1.jpg]

[quote name='BassBod' post='205596' date='May 24 2008, 04:41 PM'][attachment=8962:DSCN0988.JPG]

Now that's a proper man's pink jassss....can't say it goes out that much :)

BB[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Well its definately come out of the closet! :huh: .....Sorry i'll get me coat!

[quote name='Maxcat' post='205423' date='May 24 2008, 09:55 AM']I was at that gig Murph nd may I say your level of inebriation was identical to the majority oif the crowd. As a result you sounded awsome. Cum on U IIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHHH![attachment=8941:hat1.jpg][/quote]
Thanks for the feedback Maxcat. Funnily enough, we got 2 more gigs out of our performance!!

Next time make yourself known and I'll buy you beer.