Why become a member? ×

Fretless Fender (?) on 'the bay'

ead

Update.
Got a message from the seller, I asked him a few questions and gave him a bit of advice too.
The guy seems genuine enough, he's not at all saying its a vintage 60s bass either.
He doesn't seem to know much about guitars at all, including this one as he found it.
The pickups are Jackson. The neck may well be a Fender, but the decal looks wrong to me. And the rosewood fingerboard is definitely an addition.
The neck plate is a mystery, but lots of people sell neck plates with serial numbers of PreCBS Fenders on. In fact the serial number is the only thing that would get anyone twitching as the rest of it looks like a complete POS.
He's not expecting mega bucks for this, hence the low starting bid, but he said he would mention the discrepancies on the listing so as not to hoodwink any one :)

Hmmm... is it just me that thinks he's beginning to get a little disingenuous? Two new questions, the first asking if it says 'Made in USA' on the headstock, to which he answers in the affirmative. Then someone asks if there is a serial number on the front of the headstock, and he replies by asking "what's a headstock?"????

There doesnt seem to be a lot wrong with the neck. Seems like a 78-81 rosewood p bass neck with the serial scratched off.

The body could also be late 70's, I've seen a fair few with a finish like that and it appears to have the correct holes for bridge and p/u covers.

The pickups are obviously from a jackson bass, probably 90's as they are identical to the pickups on a Jackson I used to own. I'm not sure about the bridge, might be the pics but it looks a bit wonky.

Obviously the neckplate is either a reproduction or off a 60's fender but not original.

All in all this looks to be a dog of a fender.