Why become a member? ×

My old bands in NME!!!

WalMan

... well OK NME Online

... make that in the NME Online Video section

... OK it's just a link the the video I posted on YouTube, but still I'M IN NME :o

[url="http://www.nme.com/nme-video/youtube/id/2nukvdXth8o"]http://www.nme.com/nme-video/youtube/id/2nukvdXth8o[/url]

What a dodgy 'tache & hair cut I had at the time. IIRC when we recorded the clip for the show MrsW was in hospital awaiting the arrival of #1 son & I was praying he didn't put in an early appearance so I was called away (well that would have been difficult pre mobiles) or had to cry off at the last minute

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1360854958' post='1977475']
This video is older than me then! :lol:
[/quote] You, young master (better say that, he's a mod) can do one :modspank:
[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1360854821' post='1977473']
Pretty much any music put on YouTube ends up linked via the NME site.

My take on it is that they do it cover themselves, just in case the band turns out to be successful they can claim to have had them on the NME site way back when...
[/quote] How to dash a persons hopes & dreams in one easy lesson :lol:
[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1360861417' post='1977590']Damn that is one top class slug balancing act you've got going on there mate, you should be on the telly ...[/quote] Ayethangyou :thank_you:

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1360865042' post='1977656']
How to dash a persons hopes & dreams in one easy lesson :lol:
[/quote]

Sorry...

The first time I did a search for one of my bands and saw an NME link in the results I was well chuffed until I saw that all they'd done was to link to a video on YouTube. If I ever do get a proper review of one of my bands on the NME site I probably won't notice now.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1360853996' post='1977457']
I do indeed have the Wal, though it morphed from the original Pro to Custom in '96. Still playing with the drummer & guitarist too.
[/quote]

thats an oddball wal ....its a pro ...but with two pickups ...was it active??

[quote name='zazz' timestamp='1361106937' post='1981084']
thats an oddball wal ....its a pro ...but with two pickups ...was it active??
[/quote]It has history :lol:

Originally when I bought it secondhand (but I am pretty sure virtually new) it was a single pup passive Pro1, Volume, tone & a mini coil tap switch plus jack out on the tear drop control mount

Then I got a Wal cover from Pete (amazing considering when I was looking to replace the bridge I would have had to take the old bridge off & send it back before he'd send the replacement) anyway got the Wal cover, Kent Armstrong made a pup to go inside & my local go to guitar man fitted it back at the bridge. The tone became a second volume as I tended to just run it full on anyway. It would have been this configuration for this video.

Finally in '96 I took it up to Pete @ Wal for a general overhaul, but was shown another Pro1 like mine being retrofitted with Custom electrics and got that done instead, replacing the Kent Armstrong pup for a proper Wal, adding the updated all string tree (rather than the tree that only covered the A & D originally) and moving the jack to the edge along with an XLR out, that got used when I was having trouble with an old Trace combo cutting out at gigs, so I kept an XLR to the desk at hand and used it straight to the PA more than once to great effect.

The controls went onto an enlarged panel and there is an access plate on the back for the micro switches & battery. Controls are the standard Vol with pull pick attack, sweep & 2 x tone with pull switches that narrow the tone Q IIRC. And that is how it remains to this day. My baby :blush: It was always a pretty solid sound as a passive but adding the actives opened it up to something else altogether.

I was told by Pete that the original passive Pro1's were always intended to have the retrofit available to add at a later date, but I would never have known unless I had arranged to go up that fateful day in '96.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1361112406' post='1981169']
It has history :lol:

Originally when I bought it secondhand (but I am pretty sure virtually new) it was a single pup passive Pro1, Volume, tone & a mini coil tap switch plus jack out on the tear drop control mount

Then I got a Wal cover from Pete (amazing considering when I was looking to replace the bridge I would have had to take the old bridge off & send it back before he'd send the replacement) anyway got the Wal cover, Kent Armstrong made a pup to go inside & my local go to guitar man fitted it back at the bridge. The tone became a second volume as I tended to just run it full on anyway. It would have been this configuration for this video.

Finally in '96 I took it up to Pete @ Wal for a general overhaul, but was shown another Pro1 like mine being retrofitted with Custom electrics and got that done instead, replacing the Kent Armstrong pup for a proper Wal, adding the updated all string tree (rather than the tree that only covered the A & D originally) and moving the jack to the edge along with an XLR out, that got used when I was having trouble with an old Trace combo cutting out at gigs, so I kept an XLR to the desk at hand and used it straight to the PA more than once to great effect.

The controls went onto an enlarged panel and there is an access plate on the back for the micro switches & battery. Controls are the standard Vol with pull pick attack, sweep & 2 x tone with pull switches that narrow the tone Q IIRC. And that is how it remains to this day. My baby :blush: It was always a pretty solid sound as a passive but adding the actives opened it up to something else altogether.

I was told by Pete that the original passive Pro1's were always intended to have the retrofit available to add at a later date, but I would never have known unless I had arranged to go up that fateful day in '96.
[/quote]

wow..what an interesting story.... i also heard that bit about pros being upgradeable... but i bet there are hardly any that went through with it..... thats wall is rare to say the least!