Why become a member? ×

Need some help - Price for selling a 51 RI P Bass

attackbass

Hey,

I bought a 51 precision bass re-issue a few years ago and as much as I love the look of it and it plays great.. the sound is just not doing it for me really. I upgraded the bridge on it to a fender deluxe bridge.

As far as I can tell - this bass is no longer in production and I have seen prices for them new and secondhand ranging from 450 at the lowest up to 800/900 - so I'm unclear at what price is realistic.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to undersell it or put the price to high on it.

Price also depends on if you have the original bridge too as some buyers don't want an upgrade, they want it as original. The £8-900 ones might be for sale at those prices but if you look you'll see they only get listed like that, they don't sell and certainly not in the current climate. I sold mine with the upgraded Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickup, spare white pickguard & a hard case for £500 which was a real bargain & unsurprisingly snapped up within an hour of listing.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1360594271' post='1972941']
But, as these have been discontinued (AFAIK)....
[/quote]
Not sure about that, Lozz. I keep seeing that, but not from any official source. It's always been on the Fender Jap site, and it's still there now. Having said that, it is one of the more expensive models - even more than the top range VSP P bass.

Click this; [url="http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/opb51-sd.html"]http://www.fenderjap...p/opb51-sd.html[/url]

Edited by mckendrick