Why become a member? ×

35 inch 4 string

Stealth

Mike Lull basses appear to be 34" only for the 4-string models.

You could look for a second-hand Overwater C-Bass which is a 36" 4-string bass, although it was designed to be tuned C F Bb D#.

Personally I'd just look for some less compliant strings to avoid that floppiness.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1360236925' post='1967072']
Yamaha TRB1004. But simply changing your choice of string - core design, gauge - could get you the result you're after.
[/quote]

+1 on this . Try a heavier gauge string with a hex core . I always found DR Lo Riders to be particulaly stiff feeling or one of the special dropped - tuning sets that DR offer nowadays , or a lower cost alternative to these would be some Picato roundwounds that also feel notably more tense than most other strings to me .

Try going up one gauge of strings, it should solve the problem you're talking about and save you a lot of money. You may even find that just swapping your E string for one gauge thicker will sort it. I used to play in a band that played in CGCF and I found the best solution to getting a balanced feel close to that of how I like standard tuning was to use a custom set of strings with 115-85-65-45 gauges (I usually use 40-100 for standard tuning).