Why become a member? ×

Great customer service - Sounds Live and Fender

rushbo

We’ve all had horror stories with online customer service…’It’s more than my Jobsworth”, “ It’s not my department” “your issue will be dealt with in 3-5 working months,” yadda yadda. So it’s nice to see a good example for a change…

I purchased a set of Fender flatwounds online (for a very competitive price…) from Sounds Live a week or two ago. They arrived promptly and I set about putting them on my lovely Mexi Jazz Bass. That’s when the fun starts. The ‘D’ snapped at the peg end while I was stringing up, leaving me just enough for one wind around the peg. I’ve never snapped a string whilst tuning (and only three or four during my 27 year “career” as a Bassist…) so I thought there may be an issue with the string. I still hadn’t ruled out ‘pilot error’ at this stage. So, I dropped a line to Sounds Live asking if I could buy a single D.

Within the day, I received a very apologetic letter from Tom Cleugh at Sounds Live who told me he’d got in touch with Fender to sort out a replacement. I then received a number of emails tracking the process of the order. Yesterday, I received another, equally courteous and apologetic email, this time from Tom Gardner (a very safe pair of hands as it turns out he’s a Bassist…) at Fender saying that the strings (a full set, not just the dodgy one) were in the post and to make up for any inconvenience, he’d included a couple of custom shop patch leads. The strings arrived this morning.

I reckon that’s customer service above and beyond the call of duty.

Good to hear about Soundslive dealing with the problem efficiently. Also ,good to hear that Fender responded in such a positive. Too often we hear negative comments about Fender service so it's to hear a positive one for a change.

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this due to recent experience, not about Soundslive but this seemed the best place for it...

I dropped Fender an email yesterday inquiring about a jazz bass I bought a couple of days ago. This morning I have a detailed response from a man named Bryce with a full history of the instrument and several additional comments on things I didn't know about the bass.

I thought it was refreshing for a company the size of Fender to bother to compile a detailed reply to a guy Four Thousand miles away who's just bought a second hand Jazz bass.

Excellent stuff.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob