Why become a member? ×

Split and mix loop boxes?

Prime_BASS

I may be looking to expand my tiny tiny micro board to contain more effects, mainly dirt.
The trouble I have with dirts in general is I never like the low end on them or the top, it's all aout the mids, I like loads for their mid range and would have more If I can just add that.

So that's what I intend to do.

I just want a simple split and mix loop box that has a simple bypass(for the true signal) and then a loop for the dirt pedals and a compressor(that will also set the level too)

All the pedal I intend to cut the bass and treble from(if it allows) and just have them dirt up specific frequencies that I like etc .

What is out there? I don't really want something big or with loads of knobs since I'll have a separate comp/limiter to set the level once it gets mixed back in. just a switch to turn the loop on/off.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1359626018' post='1957654']
just buy one of my pearce BC1s and use it's insane signal routing to create tone nirvana!
[/quote]

I've been after one for years (Since they came out actually), the alignment of one being avaiable and me having money has yet to occurr...

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1359631627' post='1957781']
they're fantastic! im only selling one as it's a spare and my other one has been fine forever!
[/quote]

I know they're fantastic. Used to mess about with one all the time in a local music shop..
:lol:

I don't know of anything that would do this all in one box. An obvious solution would be an LS-2 or similar blending two chains, one of which has an EQ pedal with mid cut, the other has dirt pedals with a bass and treble cut at the end of the chain.

I think there'd be a lot of demand for this sort of thing... I think the J-Lo dirt pedal just distorts mids and leaves the bass and treble alone? But obviously that's just one pedal and you really need 5 or 6 dirt pedals to play with :)

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1359888322' post='1961494']
This man makes loops and A/B's and blenders of all sorts. I've not bought his products so I can't vouch for them, but they look pretty good to me!

[u][url="http://www.brightonion.co.uk/"]http://www.brightonion.co.uk/[/url][/u]
[/quote]

I have a patch pedal from him and works fine. Bloody better mind considering it's a metal box, 4 jacks and no moving parts! An LS2 with an od and eq in the loop would let you blend distorted mids in to your clean signal, but you'd need another loop and another eq to remove your clean mids I suppose. Might be simpler to just leave your clean mids in and blend in the distorted mids to tases?