Why become a member? ×

Slab66 P Bass

slab66

Hello slab66,

If yo want to sell a bass you have to state a selling price or a trade value, it's not an auction site, it's in the rules.

Is this the same bass that was on ebay, ended Jan 1st, removed as no longer available? Cos there's some pictures there :rolleyes:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Slab66-Precision-Bass-/281042634686?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33%26meid%3D4545094363388886081%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D1031%26rk%3D1%26&nma=true&si=%252FrKq508ezmIUkOKO1KPg08GW%252B8E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc[/url]

If so pray tell why it is now available again, on BC? :huh:

If it's a different bass - ignore me <_<

Also - it's very simple to link to pictures on Photobucket or any other picture hosting site.

Cheerz, John

Edited by KiOgon

Hey Slab66, if it is the bass in the link KiOgon posted, that is one fine bass. I`m sure there will be many on here looking at this one, so as much info as possible, and links to pics, am sure you`ll have a queue for this one.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1359123546' post='1950216']
Hey Slab66, if it is the bass in the link KiOgon posted, that is one fine bass. I`m sure there will be many on here looking at this one, so as much info as possible, and links to pics, am sure you`ll have a queue for this one.

[/quote]
[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1359114664' post='1950047']
£0.99p seems like a fair price to me, £40.00 P & P seems expensive B)

Of course if its not the bass in the link, ignore me as well
[/quote] A bit harsh!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1359123546' post='1950216']

[/quote]

Many thanks for your kind words. I just wanted to get some input on the build and nothing more.

'slab66'

Many thanks for your kind words. I just wanted to get some input on the build and nothing more.

MB1.
The "Basses for sale" section is self explanatory and should be used only for that purpose,
and not for appraisals and valuations.
In other words...
If you ain't selling it!... Don't post it here!
Thank you please.

[quote name='XB26354' timestamp='1359119558' post='1950143']
Try posting an ad instead of one pointless paragraph. Do you really think anyone is going to snap it up with no location, description, price or shipping info? Newbies!
[/quote]
Bit rude IMO.

[quote name='slab66' timestamp='1359212453' post='1951649']
A bit harsh!
[/quote]
[quote name='slab66' timestamp='1359212590' post='1951654']
[/quote]

You still take no notice of the rules I see :blush: if you're advertising it for sale you need to state a price, if you just want input you're in the wrong section.

[quote name='Grant' timestamp='1359213336' post='1951673']

Bit rude IMO.
[/quote]

Not at all. Newbie, posts in the for sale section (I see it's been moved) with no price, info, location or anything meaningful.
It now seems as there are two threads about this same, self-built bass, that it was just for feedback, on a bass no-one can see without e-mailing for photos.
There are plenty of excellent FS ads but an increasing number of lazy newbies who want the prospective buyers to do all the work for them. Is this for sale or not as it appears to have not sold on eBay?

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1359213027' post='1951665']
'slab66'

MB1.
The "Basses for sale" section is self explanatory and should be used only for that purpose,
and not for appraisals and valuations.
In other words...
If you ain't selling it!... Don't post it here!
Thank you please.
[/quote]
MB1 sirrah... don't you mean if it IS for sale don't post it here.....? If it isn't for sale and he(...[i]he?[/i] Who knows?) just wants an appraisal then here is the right slot, [i]no[/i]? Having said that, if he does just want an appraisal then maybe he should have been a bit clearer, eh?

Actually, I'm really confused, so I'm going to take a diazpam and go back to bed. Night-night.

You see, what I don't understand is that if you want an appraisal then why have two threads? It looks a nice bass. It sounds like a nice bass. I guess it must be a nice bass. Whatever is going on then I reckon slab66 has got himself a very serviceable p bass that is a bit different.

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1359218111' post='1951780']
MB1 sirrah... don't you mean if it IS for sale don't post it here.....? If it isn't for sale and he(...[i]he?[/i] Who knows?) just wants an appraisal then here is the right slot, [i]no[/i]? Having said that, if he does just want an appraisal then maybe he should have been a bit clearer, eh?

Actually, I'm really confused, so I'm going to take a diazpam and go back to bed. Night-night.
[/quote]

It was originally posted in the "Basses for sale" subforum, that's why you see those replies.
It appears it's now been moved to an appropriate section for a bass that is NOT for sale.
A bit confusing, yup. The OP could write a couple of lines and maybe post some pictures (even a link to another forum where he was able to upload pictures - I did that a few posts earlier now) and then maybe there's something people can contribute. However, the way it started... it looked pretty pointless.