Why become a member? ×

Never enough Guitars

beerdragon

I saw the same on a Ry Cooder and David Lindley gig at The Wembley Arena at the end of the 80's. There were only two of them and the rest of the stage was full of guitars on stands. And, they only used about half of what was there!! Great gig but a nightmare for the guitar tech!!

Alright then.

Kismet intervenes and by tomorrow your current band is massive , you're a multi squillionaire and about to do a world stadium tour. The set is the same one you played in the Dog and Vomit ,Huddersfield last weekend.

What's in the stand at the side of the stage being polished and tuned by your tech??

I'd have

My Shukerised Status 3000
another Shukerised Status 3000 just in case
A 70's P that isn't my current 70's P so it could stay safe at home
A 70's Jazz tuned down to 'D'
One of Jon Shukers Artist fretless jobbies with the 'Shirtlifter' pickup system.

Weirdly there'd be no place for my Shuker 4 string. Wow - wasn't expecting that when I started typing. Wonder if that's telling me something ??

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='201012' date='May 17 2008, 01:22 PM']What's in the stand at the side of the stage being polished and tuned by your tech??[/quote]

Two Precisions - a 70s and a modern MIA one
a 60s Jazz
Stingray

if it's guitars

2 Les Pauls
Tele custom ("72") with a hot bridge pickup

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='201012' date='May 17 2008, 01:22 PM']...Kismet intervenes and by tomorrow your current band is massive, you're a multi squillionaire and about to do a world stadium tour. The set is the same one you played in the Dog and Vomit ,Huddersfield last weekend.

What's in the stand at the side of the stage being polished and tuned by your tech??[/quote]
My Shuker 5 string. And another one just like it.

I [b]really[/b] love my Shuker.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='201012' date='May 17 2008, 01:22 PM']Kismet intervenes and by tomorrow your current band is massive , you're a multi squillionaire and about to do a world stadium tour.

My Shukerised Status 3000
another Shukerised Status 3000 just in case
One of Jon Shukers Artist fretless jobbies with the 'Shirtlifter' pickup system.[/quote]
Erm, two new Shukers by tomorrow? You're having a giraffe. Either that, or paying him an awful lot of money... :)

For me, the Tsai 7-string and 5-string fretted, and the two Thumbs. And a Tsai 5-string fretless the same as the 5-string fretted.

Edited by tauzero

An 18 wheeler parked along side the stage with a trailer fitted out as a multi tier guitar stand with ev,ry kind of bass you can think of, just because i could afford it! :-)

With a fully chromed Kenworth C510 at the front!

Edited by wizbat

I'd probably go with:

One of the new 2008 MIA Jazzes
A gibbo T-bird
A 2EQ 'ray with a classic single MM pup.
and a new Rick' 4003.
oh, and a new Status T-Bird (graphite necked one)

And a few packs of Status Halfwound hotwires, as they're my current flavour.

I'd probably take one of the Lodestone Primal ones as well, just so I'd finally have one on hand to have a go with, after all, if you're doing headlining stadium tours, £800 isn't too much to have a play with one.

[quote name='wizbat' post='203389' date='May 21 2008, 12:14 AM']An 18 wheeler parked along side the stage with a trailer fitted out as a multi tier guitar stand with ev,ry kind of bass you can think of, just because i could afford it! :-)

With a fully chromed Kenworth C510 at the front![/quote]

You think like me...

[quote name='Buzz' post='203427' date='May 21 2008, 02:46 AM']I'd probably take one of the Lodestone Primal ones as well, just so I'd finally have one on hand to have a go with, after all, if you're doing headlining stadium tours, £800 isn't too much to have a play with one.[/quote]
They're all right. Definitely nothing special in the playability stakes, and I didn't bother with trying one plugged in.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='203453' date='May 21 2008, 07:58 AM']You think like me...[/quote]

I was thinking that I could have a second trailer attached like those aussie roadtrains and have full workshop facilities and accomodation for 'live in' crew.