Why become a member? ×

good morning and hello

alexpea

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1357515613' post='1924022']
yowsa! Welcome aboard.

My sister lives in Bristol, are you gigging much? I'd love to be playing that sort of thing :)
[/quote]

Yea on average around 2 gigs a week. Mainly with the Klezmer band.

Welcome. This is a great place for making friends. Here's hoping you will learn as well as teach
I am tickled that you mention Americana. Have you seen the 2012 Americana Music Honors & Awards programme on the tele?
Caught it yesterday on our satellite channel AXS TV followed by the genius of Steve Winwood.
Only complaint is Steve didn't use a bass player but Hammond B3 pedals instead. No one's perfect.

[quote name='lastnotleast' timestamp='1357564870' post='1924485']
Welcome. This is a great place for making friends. Here's hoping you will learn as well as teach
I am tickled that you mention Americana. Have you seen the 2012 Americana Music Honors & Awards programme on the tele?
Caught it yesterday on our satellite channel AXS TV followed by the genius of Steve Winwood.
Only complaint is Steve didn't use a bass player but Hammond B3 pedals instead. No one's perfect.
[/quote]

No I didn't catch that I'm afraid. I play bass for an Americana style singer songwriter so I can't say I'm well listened in that style of music really outside of playing his music.

[quote name='alexpea' timestamp='1357471400' post='1922943']
Hi everyone, looks like you've got a nice forum here.

I've been playing bass for around 8 years. I now mainly play double bass in a few bands. Bit of Klezmer, Folk and Americana.

Cheers. :)
[/quote]

Hello and good morning.

Welcome!

Klezmer - isn't that the celebratory traditional music of European Jews? I think I saw a documentary about it recently, but it was very late at night and I drifted in and out somewhat. In fact, I may even have dreamt the whole thing entirely. ;)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1357648640' post='1925875']
Hi Alex, I stumbled in here on Sunday as well and can't find my way out. The other inmates keep putting thoughts in head and tempting me with something called GAS., which I believe is an incurable addiction which will ruin my life. I hope you are stronger willed than me.

Damon
[/quote]

What is this GAS? sounds amazing.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357666520' post='1926353']
Klezmer - isn't that the celebratory traditional music of European Jews? I think I saw a documentary about it recently, but it was very late at night and I drifted in and out somewhat. In fact, I may even have dreamt the whole thing entirely. ;)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

Correct :)