Why become a member? ×

Music room ideas....

mike257

So, the house move madness has died down and in an unexpected twist I got a music room [i]all to myself[/i]! It turned out that the previous occupiers had knocked up a rudimentary loft conversion, so I've been banished up there. Gave it a fresh coat of paint and a new carpet, a bargain futon off eBay and it's looking awesome!

And to satisfy Discreet, here's a panoramic view to prove it*:

[attachment=130511:2013-03-19 16.18.00.jpg]

I just need to find some time to get up there and use it now!

[size=2]* [b]Disclaimer:[/b] loft nowhere near as big/wide as fancy panoramic photo app makes it look![/size]

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1363711960' post='2016403']
So, the house move madness has died down and in an unexpected twist I got a music room [i]all to myself[/i]! It turned out that the previous occupiers had knocked up a rudimentary loft conversion, so I've been banished up there. Gave it a fresh coat of paint and a new carpet, a bargain futon off eBay and it's looking awesome!

And to satisfy Discreet, here's a panoramic view to prove it*:

[attachment=130511:2013-03-19 16.18.00.jpg]

I just need to find some time to get up there and use it now!

[size=2]* [b]Disclaimer:[/b] loft nowhere near as big/wide as fancy panoramic photo app makes it look![/size]
[/quote]

Oh that looks big wide and fancy....
;)

First thing to do is knock down the front wall and rebuild it at an angle or you'll get all sorts of standing waves and it won't sound right. ;)

But as others have said, plenty of wall hangers, plenty of plug sockets and those extension leads that protect your gear from spikes, comfy chair and maybe a few folding ones for when you've people over to jam.

I'm planning on putting some iconic album covers on the walls to liven the place up, just haven't got round to it yet.

I am also lucky enough to have a music room , we are in the process of refurbishing it , we have bought a lot of brick faces and are 'tiling' a couple of walls to give it a blues club , cavern type feel , I will post some picks up when I get some work done

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1363721321' post='2016588']
I am also lucky enough to have a music room , we are in the process of refurbishing it , we have bought a lot of brick faces and are 'tiling' a couple of walls to give it a blues club , cavern type feel , I will post some picks up when I get some work done
[/quote]

That sounds really cool! Look forward to seeing some pics of that.

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1363722174' post='2016611']
That sounds really cool! Look forward to seeing some pics of that.
[/quote]

Sure will , though we are having 'discussions' at the minute with regard the aesthetics v functionality arguement . I am sure that while a minimalist tidy and trendy look to the room will be superb , I don't think that it will lend itself to great room acoustics for accurate monitoring and neutral recording , but still , I might have to have a couple of boxes of trick foam in the garage to bring out when backs are turned :ph34r:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1356282597' post='1908769']
Why no pics?? :)
[/quote]

Here's where i live during the day.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/studiomarch20132.jpg/][IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5915/studiomarch20132.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/studiomarch20131.jpg/][IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1309/studiomarch20131.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Garry

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1364046056' post='2021260']
Very nice! Looks a bit tidy to me, though - that's not very rock 'n' roll, is it?? :D ;)
[/quote]

Nah it's not...
My son's studio room is the real rock 'n' roll room.....................................
I know.............because i am forever removing used girl friends and cleaning the fecking mess up... :lol:

Garry