Why become a member? ×

Waiting For My New Bass To Arrive

Joker2807

well I ordered it finally...

I eventually after making a few visits to PMT decided on a 2011 american standard P-Bass. I just didn't like the pearl colour on the one they had left. So they have now ordered me a olympic white, red tort shell and a BG250 Combo amp (TC Electronics)... that was on saturday afternoon, now all i have to do is wait!

the clock has never ticked so slowly...

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1353960770' post='1880328']
2011 Am Standard in Oly White and tort p bass is what I picked up quite cheap last month. Great bass with a nice punchy sound too!
Congrats! :D
[/quote]

Me too, from PMT, Northampton. £786 for a 2011 Oly White/tort/rosewood Precision, with Fender hard-case. And it`s great, without doubt the easiest to play Precision I`ve ever had. I barely even notice I`m playing it.

OK PMT LEEDS OFFICIALLY SUCK!!!

they told me the amp and the bass would be ready to pick up tuesday morning.
Tuesday: i ring up about midday, the guy said he would go see if it was there and ring me back in 2 minutes... i waited an hour. I then rung up again and got a different lad who said he would go find out and ring me back... this time i wait an hour and a half. I ring back a third time to be told that it wasn't there and that it would be there the following day.

Wednesday (Today): i ring up at midday to be told that the amp had arrived but the bass had been sent to the Romford store instead of Leeds, so its going to be tomorrow now till i can get it..

I'm feeling a bit cheesed off now as i feel like i have had to chase this order all the way, there was also no apology regarding the mistake.

I wouldn't mind but I've spent over a grand on this order and they just simply don't care.

This will be the last time I order anything from them.

That`s poor. It shouldn`t be difficult to tell Leeds and Romford apart. I`ve used the PMT store in Northampton a few times, and they`ve always been very good - phoning up to say when the item is in store etc. Sounds like the Leeds store have a few less-than-able staff members.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1354126050' post='1882460']
You might find for future reference that some shops offer a beat best price policy. I have rang around a few shopswhen I was bass hunting, and asking them if they could beat a rival shops best price. DV247 offeredthe best prices.
[/quote]

I think I'm going to use DV247 for a new Fender soon. 4 year guarantee as well!

[quote name='Joker2807' timestamp='1354123813' post='1882411']
OK PMT LEEDS OFFICIALLY SUCK!!!

they told me the amp and the bass would be ready to pick up tuesday morning.
Tuesday: i ring up about midday, the guy said he would go see if it was there and ring me back in 2 minutes... i waited an hour. I then rung up again and got a different lad who said he would go find out and ring me back... this time i wait an hour and a half. I ring back a third time to be told that it wasn't there and that it would be there the following day.

Wednesday (Today): i ring up at midday to be told that the amp had arrived but the bass had been sent to the Romford store instead of Leeds, so its going to be tomorrow now till i can get it..

I'm feeling a bit cheesed off now as i feel like i have had to chase this order all the way, there was also no apology regarding the mistake.

I wouldn't mind but I've spent over a grand on this order and they just simply don't care.

This will be the last time I order anything from them.
[/quote]

Oh no.

I say this because I have never been back into that shop when they tried to sell me the same bass three times (I placed an order and they just wouldn't 'order'...they tried to shift old scratched stock one me).

The manager out right lied to me and said the third one was brand new. Thing is, I knew the serial number. It wasn't new...it had been for a polish.

I spoke to Fender UK. PMT had not once ordered this bass for me....so after being lied to three times I took my deposit back and I've never been in again.

There was also a guy called Andy (who was also involved in the Jazz mess about) there who tried to say I wasn't allowed to order new Orange cabs in. I had to have the scuffed ones in the shop for the same retail price.

I went to another shop and ordered one cheaper, brand new.

I rang Orange. Orange said they will always ship new gear if the customer wants it boxed and new.

Edited by Musicman20

That's a crank having to wait for your bass to get to the right shop for delivery. What board did you go with, Maple, or Rosewood? An Am. Std., Olympic White is a solid Fender color. When your bass gets in, best of luck with it. I think you made a good choice with the Am. Std. [IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/roadrex/A%20Day%20In%20The%20Life/4_17_206.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1354159754' post='1882931']
That's a crank having to wait for your bass to get to the right shop for delivery. What board did you go with, Maple, or Rosewood? An Am. Std., Olympic White is a solid Fender color. When your bass gets in, best of luck with it. I think you made a good choice with the Am. Std.
[/quote]

yeah i have just rung them now and guess what it hasn't come in yet but rest assured they will ring me when it comes in... not!!!

i went with the maple fretboard ... which is unusal for me as i like a rosewood fretboard