Why become a member? ×

Status custom headless archtop EMPATHY 5 string bass .SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.

robbobass

This is the first custom headless archtop Empathy 5 string bass made by rob Green and his team at Status.

It has all the paperwork from Status basses, and also a 'one off' photographic record of the build. It was completed on 28th June 1999, and is an astonishing bass. It comes in the original Status (Hiscox) case, and is a beauty to add to anyone's collection.

Two reasons I am selling it (1) I am thinning out the collection, but more importantly (2) I took delivery in the summer, of a new series 2 headless from Status, and there's no point in having two...!! (although this is a different model, it is very similar) .

This one has a gorgeous 'Pacific Blue' finish, but it looks more green than blue, but absolutely unusual and stunningly good looking!

It is up for £1300 (ono), and I am in Essex.

Again I am cursed with not being able to upload any pics - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SITE!!! - but if you PM me, with an email address, I will be happy to supply as many as you would like.

[quote name='robbobass' timestamp='1352480090' post='1863680']
...(2) I took delivery in the summer, of a new series 2 headless from Status, and there's no point in having two...!!
[/quote]

This I do not understand! It's a Status, you need a spare. What if the new one breaks down? It won't but you still need a spare. :lol:

Try uploading the photos onto one of the photo hosting sites, I use Photobucket.com. You can then copy the direct link to each photo into the window that comes up when you press the icon that looks like a wee tele at the top of the reply box. This bass has to be seen!

[quote name='robbobass' timestamp='1352504444' post='1864110']
I tried to post 2 pics via photof***et - but it didn't work wither - think I'm gonna leave this site - it's sh*t!!!
[/quote]

Oh deary me, It doesn't take much beforer the toys get thrown out of your pram. :D

I tried to post 2 pics via photof***et - but it didn't work wither - think I'm gonna leave this site - it's sh*t!!!
[/quote]

It's not the site. Think your maybe doing it wrong. I uploaded from photobucket yesterday with no problem.

Glad you like it here. :blink:

[/quote]

Oh no, please don't go. Your 8 posts have been such a valuable contribution.

[/quote]

You see, it's the curse of the "Newbie". That and a dubious nickname, plus a serious ineptitude with the infoweb. It's a shame actually 'cos some rants go on for pages and it is super fun........ You could have at least carried on for our entertainment...;)

OK Guys............apols for saying the site is sh1t........ it was after extreme frustration trying to load pics to let all you lovely people see the basses I have for sale - let's face it an ad w/o pics is not too helpful???

so as you all seem to think I need help with this (and maybe you are right, as so far it has not gone too well), would one of you be kind enough to leave me 'idiot proof' instx as to how I should go about using photobucket................??

I should be eternally grateful.....thanks

Gah, what have they done to photobucket! It's been a while since I went there.

There's an 'Upload' tab in the top menu bar which will let you load your picture into the 'Library' . Or you can create what they now call a 'Story' just for pics of your bass.

Once you've done that, if you mouse over the picture a little graphic of a cog wheel appears in the top right hand corner. Hover over that and a menu pops up with a bunch of choices - the one you want is 'get media links'.

Select that and a dialog box appears with 4 things in it. You want the bottom one, called IMG code.

Left click on that and the code disappears, to be replaced by the word 'Copied' on a yellow background.

Now go to the Basschat message you were composing, and paste the IMG code into the message. Job done.

GreeneKing - you collect 100 Basschat points..........it was indeed - his name is on the original registration card.....................like I said, this is an awesome beast and has a complete history in terms of documents - plus......a 'pictorial build log' (which Dawn told me (forcibly) - they will never do again - coz it was sooooo much hassle, even then, and now they are producing many more basses per year - it's just not practical !!!!)

so - this is one unique baby - a piece of British bass history.................come on - you know you want it....................!!!