Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000 Bass Cabinet..SOLD..

Gary Williams

With a heavy heart I have to move this on even though it ticks all the boxes for my perfect bass cab.

[size=3][i](I know people say "with a heavy heart" all the time but I know once I sell this I'll never be able to get another one as they seem pretty rare second hand)[/i][/size]

Recently bought a Mesa 1516 cab which also ticks the all boxes and equally as sublime (albeit a bit heavier) so one really has to go......

I bought this last year second-hand from GAK in Brighton - it was pretty much as new and still had all the stickers etc on.

So I estimate this is around 2 years old at worst. Serial No: 0001831

This model was superseded by the Powerhouse 1200 cab which however seems to be identical (but apparently with 200 watt increased headroom - like it needs it!!)

Strangely even Mesa haven't updated their website to the 1200 model so here's the spec on the Powerhouse 1000 from the Mesa website: [url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PowerhouseCABS/PHbass1000-LG.htm"]link here >[/url]

Performance Features:[list]
[*]1000 Watts RMS
[*]8 or 4 Ohms(Standard) [b](Mine is 4 ohms)[/b]
[*]1x15 & 4x10 Custom PowerHouse™ Bass Speakers
[*]Custom Mesa Neodymium High Frequency Horn
[*]Exclusive Tuned Front Ported “Tri-Port” Design
[*]Player Control Network™ featuring: Selectable 3-point Crossover (3k/4k/5k), Premium Horn Attenuator, Instant Reset Horn Protection, Speakon & ¼” Inputs AND Outputs
[/list]
Standard Finish & Legendary MESA Quality Construction:[list]
[*]Black Bronco Vinyl
[*]Premium AA Marine Grade Baltic Birch Cabinet w/Aviation Style Bracing for Superior Strength & Reduced Weight
[*]Choice of Heavy Duty, [b]Black (standard[/b]) or Silver Metal Grille
[*]Tilt & Roll™ Transport System w/Rear Glide Rails
[*]Recessed Metal Handles
[*]Lexan Corners
[*]Slip Cover [b](Mine comes with heavy duty cover not the standard "Made by Durex" version :P )[/b]
[/list]
[b]DIMENSIONS:[/b]
36-3/4in H
24-1/2in W
19-3/4in D

93.35cm H
62.23cm W
50.17cm D

No weight spec on Mesa site but Thomann site says 62KG

I really cannot fault this cab - bombproof, tone to die for, headroom in spades.

Only criticism is it is quite heavy but I have learnt this is a necessary evil if I want bass nirvana / perfection but that is whole different debate for somewhere else on here :0)

However this fits on the back seat of my car and is pretty easy to load in. It has wheels on the back so tilt and roll!

Due to the weight this has to be pick up only unless someone knows a friendly courier or can afford the shipping costs/hassle.

I am based in West Sussex about 20 minutes from Gatwick Airport.

[b]Please NO TRADES as I have too much gear already hence this sale.[/b]

It is pretty much in as new condition - the bronco vinyl is immaculate but the plastic corners have a few scuffs and scratches.

As I mention above this also has the "heavy duty" slip cover which also helps.

The Bass Gallery has this new at £1529.00 and Thomann at £1645.00.

I am selling this for [b]£825.00 picked up [/b]from West Sussex

Now the pics:

Edited by Gary Williams

Have a bump mate!
For anyone who's interested I can confirm that having heard this cab in action it is stunning! In fact, if I wasn't downsizing my cabs (hence my recent Berg NV610 sale) I would have been all over this! ;)

• 2 weeks later...