Why become a member? ×

Tc gear v genz benz

jonnpip

Having had a tc electronic bass rig ie, rh 450 head 2x12 2x10 cabs for 6 monthes now and really never ever getting "that" sound, and with varous settings tried out many times,ive recently had a go on the genz benz gear.and fell straight away for its superb sound,...and within a couple of minuites getting the sound ive allways wanted,...the shuttle 9.2 head just done it for me.
Going over to bass direct and meeting mark the shop owner and tried varous rigs out and soon as i jumped on the genz benz gear it jumped straight out at me,...with a deffinate "wow" factor so the 2x12 neo cab with the 9.2 shuttle and my roscoe 5 stringer it all fell into place,so tc gear can go and do one, youv never made me entirely happy infact i think i willed myself into falling for you. But this is just my thoughts, im not saying all you lot go out and go genz benz, you just might not like there sound. BUT....please have a go on it at least ! have a look on this link.....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9OigytbNw&feature=related[/media] one 2x12 tc cab for sale with cover,offers or exchange for benz genz cab

Edited by jonnpip

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1351728365' post='1854831']
I have the Max 9.2 and RH750. Totally different but both great in their own way.
[/quote]What do find the differences are? I'm interested as I have rig restlessness. No reason for this really as the LMll Schroeder combination is fine, but you know how it is.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1351768444' post='1855067']
What do find the differences are? I'm interested as I have rig restlessness. No reason for this really as the LMll Schroeder combination is fine, but you know how it is.
[/quote]

I am lucky to have the Streamliner 900 (sold my LM3 to get this), RH750 and Shuttlemax 9.2.

All of them have their own tone profile, but they are all well built, and are going nowhere!

Streamliner - Very tubey and thick tone. Warm, but with a lot of precision in the high end. Huge low end push from this amp! Very powerful. Goes from ultra squeaky clean to rock n roll grit,

Shuttlemax - Cf to the Streamliner, it is more mid orientated. Less lows, more cutting and sharp, more clear and very very flexible. It will grit, and the clean channel is a solid state fan's dream, (reminds me of my TE 400 SMX). The cleans are SUPER clean. Lots of volume of tap, lots of features, great pedal, ridiculous amount of EQ control. You can fatten it up with the tone controls.

RH750 - Superb quality, great slick feature set, very loud, and the tone is more low mid kick orientated. Quite a warm tone, and you can add the highs with the tweetertone knob. Stupidly good for flexibility. The pedal is a great addition.

I can't choose a favourite.

I've recently traded my RH450 for a Streamliner 900, and it's a much better fit with my Schroeder - the TC's low-mids combined with the Schroeder's low-mid hump to provide too much of it in the end. The Streamliner's a lovely warm amp, although with the Schroeder I have to push the bass to 3 o'clock.

The Schroeder and a LM (had one of those, too) is a great combination, I only moved mine on because I wanted a more tubey tone than the LM gave me.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1351769407' post='1855086']
I am lucky to have the Streamliner 900 (sold my LM3 to get this), RH750 and Shuttlemax 9.2.

All of them have their own tone profile, but they are all well built, and are going nowhere!

Streamliner - Very tubey and thick tone. Warm, but with a lot of precision in the high end. Huge low end push from this amp! Very powerful. Goes from ultra squeaky clean to rock n roll grit,

Shuttlemax - Cf to the Streamliner, it is more mid orientated. Less lows, more cutting and sharp, more clear and very very flexible. It will grit, and the clean channel is a solid state fan's dream, (reminds me of my TE 400 SMX). The cleans are SUPER clean. Lots of volume of tap, lots of features, great pedal, ridiculous amount of EQ control. You can fatten it up with the tone controls.

RH750 - Superb quality, great slick feature set, very loud, and the tone is more low mid kick orientated. Quite a warm tone, and you can add the highs with the tweetertone knob. Stupidly good for flexibility. The pedal is a great addition.

I can't choose a favourite.
[/quote] well put sir.....

Not boomy for me (and I'm tuned to drop C). As for lost in the mix, not likely here either and on a recording I LOVE the sound.

TC doing drop tuned death metal? Want to here it? Am I going to plug my new track AGAIN?! [url="http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/149301606"]Yep[/url] :D

Listen to it at volume (I dare you), laptop speakers probably won't do it justice :)

Plenty room in the world of bass for both brands. 'Versus' (Latin: [i]against[/i], often abbreviated 'v') need not mean a fight to the death, simply a comparison of sounds and features. If TC does not give you [i]your[/i] sound, you need a different head.

I can only report that at a rehearsal last night, I plugged my Classic 450 into an ancient no-name box with a 12in driver (probably part of some antique PA setup), and my Jazz sounded great - I decided there and then that I wasn't going to sell that bass, and enjoyed a temporary relief from GAS!

I've just got a new TC rig, Rh750, 212 & 210 and have fallen in love straight out the box, got it from Mark too (top fella), it arrived on Wednesday and I spent 4 hours fiddling with eq and all the other functions (as you do) only to realise the "pre set" tone is absolutely spot on, don't find it at all boomy although I can imagine if you did wind the bottom end on past 12 o'clock then it possibly could run away with you, at last nights "debut" gig I rolled the bottom off to about 10.30 and it was sweet as a nut. My only small gripe would be the lack of rubber feet on the cabs, I know it's got this super tough none slip coating on but I don't much fancy standing them on the pavement while we loaded the van. Apart from that, love it