Why become a member? ×

Tiny Mooer effects - discount code

Ancient Mariner

Finally tried out the Phase 90 and the Shimverb the other night.

The Phase 90 is very, very nice indeed. I love it. I think you'd have to spend a lot more to get a better phaser.

The Shimverb is OK. The room and spring modes sound pretty good. The shimmer---which is what I bought it for---doesn't really do it for me. I'm in two minds as to whether or not to keep it (not sure I need "normal" reverb). Anyone fancy swapping my shimverb for your something else? (not dirt, I have lots of dirt).

I have a Green Mile and a Pure Boost, been using them for a few weeks and they're both on my board.

The Pure Boost I love and so does everyone who's heard and used it. Really, really simple volume boost with basic tone controls. I've been using it to level out volume between pick and fingers live and for that it works brilliantly, my guitarist has ordered one as a volume boost for solos, he's been using a Behringer EQ set flat but with a volume boost as a stopgap whilst he looked at boosts, now he wants the Mooer. Went home for xmas, my dad tried it in front of his Ampeg combo which is a tiny, simple, one-channel affair and loved it for getting the amp to overdrive at sensible volumes. As a side note, I wish I could gig with a 15W, 12" combo amp..........

The Green Mile, well I'm undecided. It's a nice overdrive, but doesn't quite have the valve warmth I like. We shall see. It's just as beautifully made, low noise etc etc as the boost so this isn't a bad review, I'm just not partial to it myself. Lamborghini's are really nice cars I'm sure, but I wouldn't have one no matter how much money I had. Is anyone else finding the 'warm' mode to be hotter than the 'hot' mode?

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1356763210' post='1913308']
Did the Sweeper turn up yet?

Interested to hear what you make of it when it does.
[/quote]

Alright ... first impressions: looks like (not too surprisingly) we have a bassballs clone here.

I was undecided if that's what it was from the pics ... the overall look and the name were right but the labelling on the small knobs (reso and range) suggested something different to the externalised trimpots of a bassballs, which control the center frequencies of two filters.

But on playing with it, seems to me that's exactly what those two controls are doing, manipulating the centre frequencies of two filters ... poor labelling really, don't understand how that happened.

So yeah, it's definitely in the same ballpark as a bassballs (it has that same distinctive fuzz tone) so I'm pretty happy. I haven't A/Bed it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if this triggered the sale of my nano bassballs.

short update, finally received my "green mile" before christmas after around 7 weeks. today I had the chance to fiddle a bit with it and must say it is one the few overdrives I really like - for guitar. :D

well, that's what I bought it for, so it'll be a keeper. :)
will try it with bass the days...

Edited by krysh

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1352927611' post='1869556']
The Pure Boost is really good. I'm not sure what the centre for the bass control is, but for adding depth, a small adjustment goes a long way. I've also seen a way of attenuating my Zoom B3 signal slightly using the PB too. So this one stays.
[/quote]

I've seen a review on TB that suggests it's good for mild overdrive ... any views on that ? I think I must be misunderstanding mooer's use of the word 'pure' if this delivers overdrive.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1358695148' post='1943464']
I've seen a review on TB that suggests it's good for mild overdrive ... any views on that ? I think I must be misunderstanding mooer's use of the word 'pure' if this delivers overdrive.
[/quote]

You can set the gain to zero and use the volume control as a 'pure boost'. The EQ is really great actually. Can make a passive P bass sound round and plummy - or boost more to turn it in to an active groove machine. I liked that a lot. However, yes, the Pure boost can get gritty by driving the gain control higher but pulling the volume down in comparison. I think this would work very well as a boost in to the front of a valve amp to make the first gain stage distort further. Quite touch sensitive too for a simple little pedal.

Definitely read as mild though - it's never going to be a Metal Zone!

I tried out the black distortion pedal the other day. Quite nice, but did remove a fair chunk of low frequencies, plus adding a lot of mids as well. Ideal for guitar solos, but not so much as a bass drive - which I`m sure it wasn`t made for anyway.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1358696253' post='1943484']
I tried out the black distortion pedal the other day. Quite nice, but did remove a fair chunk of low frequencies, plus adding a lot of mids as well. Ideal for guitar solos, but not so much as a bass drive - which I`m sure it wasn`t made for anyway.
[/quote]

I'd like to hear one with an LS-2 to blend that bass back in, especially if it adds some mids in.

I'm hearing rumours that we may not ever see MarcMart and the like re-stocked with Mooer's, because Mooer are unhappy about the pedals being sold at below RRP.

I'm finding it difficult to square that with the fact that the number of Mooer's listed on MarcMart jumped up recently, even though the new listings don't appear to be in stock. It's almost like they're anticipating new stock.

Meanwhile I'm itching to try the Blues Mood and LoFi, and I'm trying to figure whether to pay the going rate on eBay or wait for MarcMart.

Anyone got any idea what's going on ? Hard info or idle speculation acceptable :)