Why become a member? ×

Tiny Mooer effects - discount code

Ancient Mariner

From the chorus I wanted something that would widen the sound and add sparkle, just like my Rocktron Deep Blue does, but in a smaller, more pedal-board friendly size. The Mooer chorus does a different version of chorus (much more like a Boss) with a narrower, more focused tone and a different kind of modulation (I might try to do a demo if I have them for a few more days). It will do the 'Time after time' sound of the Prymeaxe video very well, but not the wider, more open sound I wanted.

The Shimverb is OK, and I'd be happy to use it, but it doesn't do something that I want I can't do already (my PB&J will do a decent 'sort of' room reverb on a short repeat at low level) and I'd like to try a couple more. The shimmer aspect isn't great, and I'd be inclined to ignore it, also like the chorus, it focuses the sound down a bit and I often play as the sole instrument, so more rather than less sonic width is useful.

I've got a music practice tomorrow night, and might take them along to see how well they work in a band context. There's nothing wrong with them, but just don't fit for me.

[quote name='basskit_case' timestamp='1352118929' post='1858868']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The "mooer132" coupon code is no longer working[/font][/color]
[/quote]

poop. Should have lept when I had the opportunity earlier! Oh well!

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1352125070' post='1859006']
Makes sense, the older pedals are the discounted ones from the sound of it. I wonder if a mixed order (old and new) would get the discount across the whole order ?
[/quote]

Spot on, added a hustle drive to the order and the code became valid.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' timestamp='1352294332' post='1861159']
Is there anyway you could mod the delay pedal to make it a tap tempo?
[/quote]
Somebody on TB opened up one of the analog pedals and talked about modding. In particular, changing a resistor value. He concluded that because they're all tiny (SMD ?) components, modding would be pretty difficult. I would guess the same applies to the digital pedals. (Not sure which delay you mean, I think there are 4 now).

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' timestamp='1352294332' post='1861159']
Is there anyway you could mod the delay pedal to make it a tap tempo?
[/quote]
[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1352311142' post='1861488']
Somebody on TB opened up one of the analog pedals and talked about modding. In particular, changing a resistor value. He concluded that because they're all tiny (SMD ?) components, modding would be pretty difficult. I would guess the same applies to the digital pedals. (Not sure which delay you mean, I think there are 4 now).
[/quote]

Hmm, I may have to backtrack on that, the only post I can find suggests that though they are all tiny components, the particular mod this guy wanted to do was thought possible.

Here are some [url="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2954854-Mooer-code&p=47015485&viewfull=1#post47015485"]pics of mooer pedal internals[/url] to give you an idea about the component size.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1352326734' post='1861870']
Dood - about 11 days in my case. Ordered on a Sunday afternoon and the post office had tried to delivery a week on Wednesday. I suspect they pool ordered and do a mass shipment once or twice a week.
[/quote]

Cheers fella! Appreciated! - Think I'll await delivery before looking at any others, but still hovering over the EQ - then it's time to look at replacing the LS-2 maybe!