Why become a member? ×

New bass day!

fretmeister

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fretmeister/eb8d62fbdfaaa00a3fa4c34cccb49097.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fretmeister/14af095fd463a0929535e32b16d07601.jpg[/IMG]

Zon Hyperbass.

3 octave neck, 4 detuners, 3way EQ. Currently in piccolo tuning.

rare as rocking horse sh*t. And I love it! Sounds beautiful!

Just got it from GremlinAndy so he can get a 6 string version!

It's wonderful! Sounds amazing.

I've been mucking about with the detuners a bit, tuning the bass in standard interval, but having the tuners adjust to make an open chord rather than just a tone drop.

I do need to buy a theory book though!

The build quality is frighteningly good. Other basses might be as well built, but I cannot imagine anything being built better.

Edited by fretmeister

Fortunately I have the old Hal Leonard produced Michael Manring instructional DVD. Complete with tab book, and full tuning descriptions for the 4 solo pieces from the album Thonk, so at least I have something to work on.

What I have to realise is that it's not really a bass, and it's not a guitar either. It just happens to be a stringed instrument that can do 4 trombone slides at the same time with the tuning heads! (help me!!!!!!!!)

Bets will be taken for how long it takes me to stick a set of 40-100 on it and just use it as a fretless!

Nice - I got to see/hear Mr Manring up close a few years ago, and it was great fun..especially when he starts de-tuning. I was surprised at just how skinny and floppy his E and A strings looked, he must have great control to get any depth out them without loads of rattles.

Enjoy the bass!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1350288600' post='1836713']Bets will be taken for how long it takes me to stick a set of 40-100 on it and just use it as a fretless! [/quote]

I bet the 40-100's are being unwrapped as we speak. Next you'll be posting asking who to contact about fretting it. Then you'll be trading it for a passive P. That my friend is the great circle of life. Hakuna Matata.