Why become a member? ×

Familiar looking P Bass

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Jazz-Special-Bass-Limited-Edition_W0QQitemZ320248936079QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Red P Bass - £750[/url]

Edited by jono b

[quote name='jono b' post='193038' date='May 6 2008, 04:19 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Jazz-Special-Bass-Limited-Edition_W0QQitemZ320248936079QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Red P Bass - £750[/url][/quote]
Is that the one that some time ago didn't have the bridge pickup installed, even though it had the hole and the seller also had the bridge pickup?

[quote name='tauzero' post='193047' date='May 6 2008, 04:26 PM']Is that the one that some time ago didn't have the bridge pickup installed, even though it had the hole and the seller also had the bridge pickup?[/quote]

Nope. It was up for sale on here about 2 weeks ago and caused quite a ruckus.

its actually just been relisted, suprised nobody posted this already.

i don't think theres much point in flaming me again, everythin has been said already.

thanks to NW murphy, whovever that is

contrary to the reply to that member, who i gathered was takin the piss, im hopin for around £650 to help sort out my financial problems at the moment

ye, you all hate me for it, but i apologise

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='andy67' post='193687' date='May 7 2008, 10:28 AM']I really like this bass, If I had £650 i would own it![/quote]
If I'd had £395 I would have owned it when it was first for sale here. And if I'd had to sell it a few months later because I needed the money - I'd Ebay it. But my auction would be 99p start, no reserve - and I'd expect to make a significant profit. Controversy-free. :)

Jon.

To be fair, Iceni aren't a well known brand, and not a lot of people would be looking for them. Also most folks on ebay are out looking for a bargain, so a lot of people would've seen it, not known what it was and not bid on it.

Fender [b]is[/b] a well known brand and a lot of people would bid for the fact it has Fender across the headstock. If it was started at £100 or so (or even 99p as Jon suggests) it would make £500 easily, £100 more than you paid for it.

Ultimately its up to Kev how much he sells it for.

Unless he has broken some sort of agreement that he shouldnt buy somethng and then move it on (which I doubt very much would stand scrutiny of lawyer) then its his to do with as he wishes.

Its not up to others to judge if he's right or wrong to do it.

ANYTHING is only worth what someone id prepared to pay for it, if he can get more then good luck to him but please stop flaming him for trying.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='194578' date='May 8 2008, 12:27 PM']Ultimately its up to Kev how much he sells it for.

Unless he has broken some sort of agreement that he shouldnt buy somethng and then move it on (which I doubt very much would stand scrutiny of lawyer) then its his to do with as he wishes.

Its not up to others to judge if he's right or wrong to do it.

ANYTHING is only worth what someone id prepared to pay for it, if he can get more then good luck to him but please stop flaming him for trying.[/quote]

No flaming here, just a bit of "constructive criticism" :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='194898' date='May 8 2008, 06:40 PM']its a lovely bass

13 watchers, 370 odd views in less than 3 days, but no offers

gettin frustrating, i need money :)[/quote]

if money is the issue and you need it quick then you could probably sell the bass tomorrow for £600. I'm not passing judgement on anything that has previously been said, just that @ £600 you would be making money on what you paid for it as well as getting a quick fix of cash...win/win situation?

it's a great looking bass either way though man and good luck with shifting it :huh: