Why become a member? ×

Best Chromatic Tuner

yepmop

• 3 months later...

I tried a cheap Behringer unit first but had to send it back because it would not even reliably track the E string. Got a PitchBlack instead and have been very happy with it except for one thing; it was causing my compressor to go nuts when it was in front of it in the signal chain. Putting the tuner all the way at the end of the chain solved that problem though.

[quote name='spellonyou' timestamp='1359752191' post='1959987']
I tried a cheap Behringer unit first but had to send it back because it would not even reliably track the E string. Got a PitchBlack instead and have been very happy with it except for one thing; it was causing my compressor to go nuts when it was in front of it in the signal chain. Putting the tuner all the way at the end of the chain solved that problem though.
[/quote]
Strange problem! Mine's in front of my compressor and it's been ok

Guest bassman7755

Well I can definitely say do NOT get one these ..

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SBNSTX1100

Appealing form factor but seems to have a strangely large in-tune window i.e I can audibly sharpen or flatten a note by a few cents and claims is still perfectly in tune so you end up having to judge the middle of the in tune range.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this. I originally ordered a Polytune Mini Noir, but after speaking to TC, they mentioned that they've dropped the polytune feature for basses on the Mini (it still has the polytune feature for guitars).

I then changed my order to a standard Polytune and have been really pleased with it. It's got quite a few different display modes and has been very easy to see.

• 2 weeks later...