Why become a member? ×

Rubbish player required

simonc61

Ah maybe this is where I've been going wrong - thinking that I'm not too bad a player and wouldn't mind playing in a half-decent band.

Bonkers advert - [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/wanted-bass-guitarist-who-cant-play-or-just-a-bit-maybe/109143631"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/wanted-bass-guitarist-who-cant-play-or-just-a-bit-maybe/109143631[/url]

On the plus side, the guys a psychotherapist - as he mentions in his previous ad. As well as some rubbish playing any takers might get a bit of psychoanalysis into the bargain!

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1348249035' post='1811487']
seems more like he's looking for guineau pigs for a human psychology experiment than any genuine attempt to form a band
[/quote]

Perhaps the first cover they all learn should be Peter Gabriels 'Milgram's 37 (We do what we're told) :D

[quote name='simonc61' timestamp='1348249768' post='1811497']
Perhaps the first cover they all learn should be Peter Gabriels 'Milgram's 37 (We do what we're told) :D
[/quote]

i smell a rat

in a maze

with lights and bells and whistles

and cheese

and electrodes

n stuff :gas:

Edited by steve-bbb

i like the idea, ive known plenty of new players who wan't to be in a band but have never had the confidence to work with people who may be better than them.

playing in a band adds an extra edge to your playing, id like to think the guy has a kind heart and is looking to help people achieve dreams, even if its only on a small scale, seems a nice story given how bad humanity can be at times

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1348260256' post='1811676']
I reckon he's spotted a new gap in the market for a musical Moonies type enterprise. Soon enough there will be bands getting together who've never met before in a mass jam ceremony.
[/quote]

as long as they dont force the bass players to marry the drummists or guitarers shouldnt be too problematic :P

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1348313285' post='1812190']
i like the idea, ive known plenty of new players who wan't to be in a band but have never had the confidence to work with people who may be better than them.

playing in a band adds an extra edge to your playing, id like to think the guy has a kind heart and is looking to help people achieve dreams, even if its only on a small scale, seems a nice story given how bad humanity can be at times
[/quote]

i wonder if he's out to prove a point to simon cowell? :D

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1348316013' post='1812235']
Maybe its an experiment in the Dunning–Kruger effect, if you've auditioned bunches of guitarists, you'll find it pretty common.
[/quote]

Wow, just googled this and it explains so much of my previous life as a guitarist! But hey I'm a bassist now the voices tell me, so I'm going to be ok - aren't I?