Why become a member? ×

I sold my Jazz!

wateroftyne

[quote name='Rich' post='190433' date='May 2 2008, 12:42 PM']Nah, it's more like:

Gang of Precisions: "You're gonna get your fackin 'ead kicked in, you're goin' 'ome in a fackin ambulance, Chelsea Chelsea, etc"

Lone Jazz: "Oh for god's sake grow up, you boorish neanderthal cretins."

[i]*old Ibanez Musician fretless turns up and arrests hooligan Precisions -- it's a Police bass, y'see...*[/i][/quote]

Exactly.

Why have a tool kit with 3 hammers and bugger all else.

WoT's hammers are particularly tasty though , the pic of them with the jazz spent some time on my desk top!
I can well understand him wanting the Jazz to be played though and selling it for that reason.

Would I have been interested in buying it???

No..Yes...No..Yes...Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought it was glorious.

I think there's a lot of P fans in these parts who just might consider a Jazz with a P neck. It's not cheating , you know!!

[quote name='Beedster' post='189835' date='May 1 2008, 04:44 PM']It was only a Jazz so it doesn't matter. Now, if you'd sold one of your proper basses I'd have been worried :huh:
Chris[/quote]

Shame on you mr Beedster, my jazz says it's up for it any time if the precisions can get a note from their mums ;) see what you've gone and done there will be trouble before bedtime you mark my words :)

[quote name='charic' post='190519' date='May 2 2008, 01:57 PM']Reckoning a battle of the basses should be a new thread :)[/quote]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18669"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18669[/url]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='189998' date='May 1 2008, 08:50 PM']Cheers folks.

I've had it a few years now, so it was a wrench to see it go. The new owner is going to be gigging it, and it's what it deserves.

I'll try and numb the pain by buying a new amp, I think...[/quote]

The new owner HAS gigged it - twice so far, another two this weekend - and it's an absolute cracker!
Must say, I do appreciate how hard it must've been to part with it, I love this bass....
Sounds so much better than a P.....
Ahem.

[quote name='The Funk' post='189805' date='May 1 2008, 03:59 PM']No, you did the right thing. You're a player not a collector.[/quote]

Are the two mutually exclusive?
Can you not be both a player [i]and[/i] a collector?

I would if I could afford to (with regard to vintage instruments...)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='196882' date='May 12 2008, 07:37 AM']Are the two mutually exclusive?
Can you not be both a player [i]and[/i] a collector?

I would if I could afford to (with regard to vintage instruments...)[/quote]

I think the general rule is that if you're a 'player' (which i take to mean you earn a vast bulk of your income from music), you can't afford to collect really rather expensive vintage instruments, and if you're a collector chances are you went down a job route that didn't allow a music career.
Also, most hardcore 'collectors' wouldn't buy something that was too 'mojo'd, or not all original, so again....lotsa money

There are of course exceptions to the rule, musicians who have done exceptionally well in their career who can afoord such things, but they are few and far between!

I was looking at WoT's Jazz, but couldn't shift my upright in time, gutted indeed!

Si

Edited by Sibob