Why become a member? ×

New Fretless P bass to match my Jazz

Old Horse Murphy

Nice.
Wow! Can you tell me more about that bass Walbassist? I guess it's pre-CBS, Don't think I have seen one with those type knobs, only the old stack knob Jazz's?
I have a spare set of covers lying around, looking at yours make me want to put them on my CIJ P fretless.

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1346611641' post='1791215']
Here is my latest acquisition; a Fender Japan Fretless P Bass. It's actually made up of 2 Fender P basses and a Seymour Duncan SPB1 Pickup. I think it goes rather nicely with my CS Jazz bass in Seafoam Green.
[/quote]

See what you mean Nick, they are very close in colour - 2 great basses there.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1346701336' post='1792179']
Nice.
Wow! Can you tell me more about that bass Walbassist? I guess it's pre-CBS, Don't think I have seen one with those type knobs, only the old stack knob Jazz's?
I have a spare set of covers lying around, looking at yours make me want to put them on my CIJ P fretless.
[/quote]
Looks like a P-Retro addition. I think walbassist's Precision is early 70s. It really is a beauty!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1346611641' post='1791215']
Here is my latest acquisition; a Fender Japan Fretless P Bass. It's actually made up of 2 Fender P basses and a Seymour Duncan SPB1 Pickup. I think it goes rather nicely with my CS Jazz bass in Seafoam Green.
[/quote]

What colour are your bass guitars ?
They look cool

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1346701336' post='1792179']
Can you tell me more about that bass Walbassist? I guess it's pre-CBS, Don't think I have seen one with those type knobs, only the old stack knob Jazz's?
[/quote]

Without wishing to hijack Nick's thread, it's actually a 1970, which is the first year they made fretless basses.

Clarky is correct that the bass had a P Retro fitted when I took this photo, but I have since sourced a set of orginal pots, so it's now back to stock.

Cheers

Gareth

• 2 months later...