Why become a member? ×

As a 40th birthday present to myself....

far0n

• 2 weeks later...

Nice playing. :)

I was having a little bass night tonight. Just playing the basses I own and enjoying the difference between them all.

They are all lovely in thier own way but, playing my G&L L2000 Tribute, I realised that the G&L design is outstanding. It was the bass I enjoyed the most for the massive range of sounds. I spent a while messing with all the sounds and I've decided that the G&L is getting an outing on my next gig. (it's the bass that cost me the least as well - how good is that!)

Frank.

Enjoy your new toy. (And belated happy birthday)

[quote name='far0n' timestamp='1347999985' post='1808021']
Here you go chaps, a quick video of me playing the ASAT. Monster tone... best bass I've had by a country mile.

[media]http://youtu.be/fMcuulkkKao[/media]
[/quote]

Very nice playing , great sounding bass and an interesting and unusual choice for a bass cover. Good work all round.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1348069539' post='1808848']
Very nice playing , great sounding bass and an interesting and unusual choice for a bass cover. Good work all round.
[/quote]

One of my favourite bass lines, nice song and it's not often you get a bass solo in the middle of a pop song now is it !!

[quote name='far0n' timestamp='1348082799' post='1809119']
One of my favourite bass lines, nice song and it's not often you get a bass solo in the middle of a pop song now is it !!
[/quote]

That was the 1980s , my friend- pop records with bass guitar parts on them, upfront and unapologetically flash. Nowadays it's getting not that common to find records in the charts with a bass guitar on them at all , never mind a solo!

[quote name='Glengarry' timestamp='1348150768' post='1810056']
Nice to see a G&L on here - I'd be interested to see what people think of them compared to Music Man. Might start a new thread
[/quote]

Well I have my modified Stingray Sub4 with John East Preamp and Nordstrand Pickup. The Stingray has a much fatter neck which I find a bit more challenging to play for long periods... and sometimes it just doesn't sound 'right'. That's probably more to do with the venues than the bass but it's one of those things that niggles at me. The G&L is probably the first bass I've owned where I'd buy another one in an instant....as a backup you understand ;o) (excuse I'll give the missus when I do eventually get another)