Why become a member? ×

new bass rig

nelster

as a amateur bass player getting back into the joys of gigging again after many years of torment bringing up the rug rats,have just pushed the boat out (mid life crisis) couldnt afford the FERRARI,so bought a hartke HA3500 amp,which comes with a 2x10 cab, 115 cab all leads supplied 2 covers for the cabs and a TOP GEEZER flogging it for £400 cos hes got a steel on a spanking new orange rig.....I love this community,Would love any comments on the HARTKE RIG cos as yet untried and tested .....bough out of reputation but cant wait to get STUCK IN . all opinions most appreciated.More keg time,HERES to feelin ruff int mornin........nelster

• 2 weeks later...

Another Hartke fan here - got a LH500 and an HA2500, and they're both great.

On a sidenote - I've just been cruising around Thomann's website, and see they're doing the LH500 for 236 quid. Seems like an awful lot of clean, warm and very loud tubey loveliness, for not a lot of money...

I'm a huge Hartke fan. I used a HA5000 head through two XL410's as my tour rig for a few years before switching to Warwick. Beautiful rig...I do miss it very much.

Don't be fooled by the price of Hartke kit against their competitors. You get a heck of a lot of bang for your buck. If you like a fast attack and well defined punchy tones then you can't go wrong with Hartke. Plus, the aluminium speakers look the business on stage!