Why become a member? ×

Basschat on Facebook and Twitter

Silvia Bluejay

As Ped mentioned in a thread a few days ago, Basschat is planning to increase its presence on social networks, and two of us have been chosen to help run its accounts: I (Silvia) am now running the Twitter account (@basschatuk) and Jellyfish (Chris) is taking care of Basschat's Facebook page.

It's still early days, but we both have some good ideas we intend to implement soon in order to extend Basschat's audience and give a strong voice to our community on the two main social networks - not to mention keep you up to date with interesting threads, gear news, competitions, freebies etc, and hopefully also make you smile or laugh :D

Chris (Ped) and the other admins are still involved, and are keeping an eye on the accounts as well, but will at last be able to take a back seat and dedicate their time and efforts to the new projects they are working on.

If you are on FB and Twitter, please check out Basschat's accounts and like or follow us. We should be fully up and running in the next few days.

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1345033420' post='1772598']
If you'd ever need some help with topics like "trivia: how's the bass industry in Middle Europe" or something, anything, I'd gladly help ;)
[/quote]

LOL if you post such trivia or info on here, and the thread is successful, you bet I may well tweet about it :D

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1345041998' post='1772755']
Only a matter of time. It with come for you!
[/quote]

That's what I was told.

I've had a Facebook account for a couple of years now, and it still makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I think I've "liked" the BC pagey thing, but I've no idea how to "follow" it, or what will happen if I do...

Thanks to Silvia for starting this topic. I'm the other half of the team, and will be mainly responsible for Basschat on Facebook. For those of you wondering, nothing much is going to change. For those who currently follow or 'like' Basschat on Facebook, you'll probably notice an increase in posts overall, but nothing that would be considered spam. Mainly interesting and funny things as well as links to competitions for free stuff from other companies (in the past few hours I've posted one from Warwick who are giving away an amp and one from EMG who are giving away a Spector and and an Ampeg amp +cab).

For those of you who are at least a bit curious and are on the fence about whether Facebook is a good thing, I'd definitely urge you to sign up and give the Basschat page a 'like'! As well as links to other companies promotions, we've certainly got plans to do our own giveaways/competitions so if you don't want to miss out on free stuff, get yourselves on there!

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1345033420' post='1772598']
If you'd ever need some help with topics like "trivia: how's the bass industry in Middle Europe" or something, anything, I'd gladly help ;)
[/quote]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1345034986' post='1772642']
LOL if you post such trivia or info on here, and the thread is successful, you bet I may well tweet about it :D
[/quote]

I've just re-read this and realised my reply sounds seriously rude! Apologies, Immo, it was meant to sound purely jokey - there is no reason why anything about music in Mitteleuropa should be any more trivial than anything about the UK or the rest of the world :)

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1345062846' post='1773157']
aren't you slightly worried that this site will be invaded by weirdos and riffraff, and water down the otherwise normal and sane group that are currently resident on here though?
[/quote]

LOL why should that be? Most of the followers/likes we have on Twitter and FB are either bass/gear companies or BC members :D

PS I will eventually get round to following back all of you guys. I need to do that in stages in order to keep track of progress.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1345063258' post='1773166']
LOL why should that be? Most of the followers/likes we have on Twitter and FB are either bass/gear companies or BC members :DPS I will eventually get round to following back all of you guys. I need to do that in stages in order to keep track of progress.
[/quote]
I think you took me seriously! ;)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1345062456' post='1773148']
I've just re-read this and realised my reply sounds seriously rude! Apologies, Immo, it was meant to sound purely jokey - there is no reason why anything about music in Mitteleuropa should be any more trivial than anything about the UK or the rest of the world :)
[/quote]
No offence taken, I know what you meant ;) .

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1345155955' post='1774523']
You mark my words. It will all end in a big argument where everyone will fall out with everyone else and no one will talk to each other for months all because someone took a comment the wrong way. :D
[/quote]

And that will be a conflagration on an even larger scale than usual, involving Facebook and Twitter as well :lol:

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1345155955' post='1774523']
You mark my words. It will all end in a big argument where everyone will fall out with everyone else and no one will talk to each other for months all because someone took a comment the wrong way. :D
[/quote]

I [b]knew[/b] it. Some misantrope will always come and distroy all the fun. I'm not talking to you anymore! ;)
(well, I [b]am[/b] saving someone else the trouble of writing the obvious, right?)

bassbest,
bassbert